Firstly, I must apologise to all those who have purchased these instructions from me over the past few months.
From May this year, Ebay revised their Downloadable Media Policy & decided to ban all digitally delivered items. This meant that the instructions that I have been successfully emailing to people were now banned from being delivered by email. I could have elected to print each set out & post them to buyers, but to be perfectly honest this would be both time consuming & an unnecessary use of resources (printer ink, paper, envelopes etc.) so I decided to simply stop listing in order to be a good boy & comply with the policies.
Unfortunately, not all members are as good at sticking to the rules as myself & several are still listing on a nudge, nudge, wink, wink, "I won’t actually state that I email the instructions even though I do" basis. This guide is dedicated to these members.
It would seem that the only way to make sure everybody sticks to the rules is to make sure that the information is made available to all, so rather than paying for the instructions to be emailed, here they are for free:
1. The vehicle should be in the following condition:
A. The key is NOT inserted in the ignition.
B. The driver's door is open.
C. The driver’s door is UNLOCKED.
2. Insert the key into the ignition switch and then pull it out.
3. Press the Master Door Lock Switch (this would be the switch IN the car) 5 times from Lock to Unlock.
4. Close the Driver's door then open it.
5. Repeat step 3.
6. Now select the mode by inserting the key into the ignition switch and turning it to the Run or On position. The programming mode is determined by the amount of times you go from key off to the key on position and back before pulling the key out.
A. 1 time is the Add mode. This is used only on some models and it allows you to add a remote to the already existing remotes. The ECU confirms this by locking and unlocking the door locks automatically after you remove the key.
B. 2 times is the Erase mode which will erase all previously programmed remotes and allow you to program new ones. The ECU confirms this mode by locking and unlocking the door locks twice after you remove the key
C. 3 times is the third mode which tells you how many remotes are already programmed to the ECU. It confirms this locking and unlocking the doorlocks the amount of times applicable to the remotes coded. If no remotes are programmed then the ECU locks and unlocks the door locks 5 times. The ECU will hold up to 4 remotes at any one time.
7. Press the Lock and Unlock buttons on the remote simultaneously for 1.5 sec and then press either button by itself for 1 sec.
8. The ECU will perform the Lock/Unlock automatically to confirm that the 1st remote is stored by the ECU. Repeat step 7 immediately with another remote and continue until all remotes are registered.
9. Shut the driver’s door and try all remotes.
1. Make sure all doors and windows are closed.
2. Insert master key into the ignition cylinder.
3. Cycle the ignition cylinder from ON to OFF 5 times.
4. Open and close the driver side door 6 times.
5. Remove the master key and insert the new duplicate key.
6. DO NOT TURN THE IGNITION CYLINDER ON
7. The new key will be registered after 60 seconds.