Now that Crest has launched a new range of Whitestrips, it can get rather confusing trying to understand the difference between the 5 new products.
So here is a quick and easy way to compare them!
INTENSE WHITENING SPECIALITY WHITENING
Basically the first 3 are categorized as having stronger whitening effects - and the latter 2 are for specific purposes - Touch ups & Sensitive teeth
Hope it helps!
(Tried to attach some pictures but they were far too small so here's a link)
I will touch on 5 products commonly seen on eBay.
The main difference between these would be the strength of the strips and the duration of treatment. Strength refers to the percentage of hydrogen peroxide - the active ingredient used to brighten your teeth.
This is exactly the same ingredient used by dentist in professional whitening treatments.
- The first product in the range (hence the classic name), this has the weakest strength of 6% Hydrogen Peroxide
- The classic is packaged in a box with 56 strips, 28 for the upper set of teeth and 28 for the lower set of teeth. Treatment spans 2 weeks, with 30 minutes twice a day to get maximum effect.
- Crest Whitestrips Premium has significantly more whitening strength than the classic.
- At 10% hydrogen peroxide, it works well for many people, especially people with yellow teeth.
- The premiums are packaged in a container with 28 strips, 14 for upper and 14 for lower
- Treatment spans 7 days, two 30 minute sessions a day. Results can be seen in just 3 days
PRO EFFECTS (Previously Known as PREMIUM PLUS):::
- Crest Whitestrips Premium Plus has the same strength as the premiums. However the treatment contains more strips than the premiums
- Treatment contains 10 day supply of 40 strips, 20 for upper and 20 for lower.
- Based on number of strips, the premium plus is an attractive buy.
- Crest Whitestrips Renewal is marketed to the older generation customers above 50+.
- These strips are slightly weaker than the premiums / plus as they contain 9.5% hydrogen peroxide gel.
- Treatment consists of 40 strips, 20 for the upper and 20 for the lower teeth.
- Currently the newest member of the Crest Whitestrips range, Daily Multicare has an unknown strength as of now but is set in between the Classic and the Premiums
- Treatment contains 84 strips, 42 for the upper and 42 for the lower teeth.
- Each application take only 5 minutes and the advantage is that you have better control over the effect especially if you may experience sensitivity.