This method will work with any mobile phone that is locked to Orange.
This method also works with vodafone, tmobile,
Yes an Orange sim-locked (Nokia N80, n95) or any model of mobile phone bought off auction sites can be unlocked by Orange without much hassle. The procedure is
1.) buy phone
2.) buy Orange sim (£1 online)
3.) register imei with sim by calling 08000790006
4.) wait for phone to activate
5.) call orange on 450
6.) Request unlock code
7.) upload £20 to prepaid balance
8.) Wait few days for code
In the United Kingdom, government regulator OFCOM dictates that networks must release the unlocking information to customers for non-contract handsets (e.g. Pay as you go) on request. Consumers who purchase handsets under “Pay as you go” or a similar scheme are purchasing the handset outright at the point of sale, this has in effect made phone unlocking in the UK a consumer right.
UK Network providers are permitted to charge a fee for releasing the unlock code, this has prompted smaller businesses to offer cut price unlocking on the UK’s High Streets.
KNOW YOU CAN CHECK IF THE PHONE YOUR GOING TO BUY IS STOLEN OR NOT.
- There are two main occasions when CheckMEND should be used - when buying and when selling.
- When buying use CheckMEND to:
- Protect yourself and your employees from buying, handling, trading, repairing stolen property and blocked mobile phones.
- Check if a phone you wan't to buy will work if you take it abroad, why pay the top price for a phone that won't work when you take it on holiday?
- Law Enforcement have access to the CheckMEND database via their online search portal they can therefore check any item on your premises to see if its been reported lost or stolen, or in the case of a mobile phone blocked by the networks.
- CheckMEND is the most comprehensive history checking system available for mobile phones, laptops, pda's, PC's, audio visual equipment, cameras etc with daily downloads from the Police, the insurance and mobile phone industry and the Public.
- Protect yourself, employees and your reputation, use CheckMEND as part of your due diligence and best practice.
- Can be used by the trade and the public
- Simple and easy to use online
- Or via SMS (in the UK only)
- All online searches are supported by a certificate of search.
- When Selling use CheckMEND to:
- Give your buyers additonal confidence. Simply open an account and run a check on the item you want to sell.
- Then simply quote the CheckMEND certificate number when you sell the item so the buyer can view it online by visiting CheckMEND and putting the number in the "Verify a Report" section of the web site.
- Or if you prefer you can print out the certificate and show it to any buyer, they are then free to check the ceritificate at CheckMEND if they wish.
- Please note: There is no charge for the buyer to check the certificate.