***WARNING ON BUYING A CAR OF GUMTREE / OTHER INTERNET SITES***
Well firstly this in no ways is informing you NOT to buy a car of gumtree or other internet sites, this is for guidance ONLY on how to SAFELY buy a car on gumtree & other internet sites.
There are HUNDREDS of fake add's each day and i am informing gumtree customer service every hour to ban these add's and so far gumtree are doing a good job.
Below is a list of what to look out for:
1) Fake add's have ONLY 3 pic's usually of the front & interior of the car!
2) Fake add's have a VERY CHEAP price! Please do not fall for it! A 2009 Audi A4 for only £2500 come on be realistic!
3) Fake add's list a lot of rubbish about the car, basically just the spec e.g. A/C, Cruise control etc...
4) Fake add's VERY RARELY put their number and expect you ONLY to e-mail them.
5) Fake add's usually are priced at less than & £10,000 AT THE MAX
6) Fake add's use ONLY whole numbers such as £5000, £1500, £1350!
NOW THIS IS HOW THESE FRAUDSTERS WORK!!!!
1) You e-mail them and say you want to buy the car
2) They 100% of the time say they are abroad in Croatia, Cyprus etc. & the car is with them
3) They say 100% of the time say the car is UK registered & they will ship it back for free
4) You are excited you got a great deal!
5) He says, i can accept Western Union.
6) You go to western Union near your house & wire over £2000 to a foreign country
7) 1 month later you have £2000 less & a car that you will never see in your life!
How do i know this????
I have experianced it, i got cheated by these sick fraudsters & want ALL THE GENUINE HOUNEST GUMTREE people to be aware of these sick fraudsters. I WORK NOW AS AN INVESTIGATOR TRACKING DOWN THESE FRAUDSTERS!
IT'S YOUR MONEY, KEEP IT SAFE & DON'T GIVE THESE FRAUDSTERS A GOOD CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!!!!