Hi very one, I would like to tell you about copied disney DVDs, points to consider before bidding on Disney items and how to check if a dvd is a genuine region 2 Disney DVD.
Buying a DVD and then realizing it is copied can be annoying. It is also a waste of time and money. Copied/imported DVDs have poor picture quality comoared to genuine ones and wouldn't last as long (even if they are new and sealed) as the quality of discs can never be as good as original Disney DVD. So please take care before bidding and dont be afraid to ask for a refund( if you recieve a copied DVD), leave negetive feed back or notify ebay and other authorities who deal with unauthorized copied DVDs.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING A DISNEY DVD ON EBAY;
- The seller is selling lots of DVDs WITHOUT their boxes, there is a good chance they are fake
- Seller is not accepting Paypall and asks you to pay with postal order or cheque only (ask the seller why this is the case).
- the seller claims DVD plays on UK DVD player but dosen't say it is a region 2 DVD.
- Long deleted disney DVDs which haven't been in shops for several years, advertized as new and sealed! there is a strong chance they are copied.
- check seller's reputation, HOW LONG THEY HAVE BEEN A MEMBER (as some sellers may start selling and get lots of possitive feed backs in a short time before the buyes realize the item bought was fake and then the seller closes ebay account)
- check seller's feedback
- Check the actual picture of the product,rather than the stock picture,however some genuine sellers may only have a stock picture to save time.
How to check if your DVD is genuine
- Disney DVDs come in a dark blue case and have a Disney Hologram on the paper cover of the case
- A disney Hologram dosen't automaticaly mean the DVD is genuine as it can be easily placed on any cover
- check the inner circle of your DVD/the mirror like section and it should have a bar code and some times the name of your DVD or disney hologyam in silvery colour on the mirror like cirle( the same colour as rest of outer circle)
- when you play the DVD it should have a menu , if it goes straight to play it is a FAKE DVD.
- Genuine Disney DVDs have good quality picturs whereas cheap import/copied or Asian DVDs have poor quality picture compared to a genuine version
- please note all the above should apply to your DVD if it is a genuine DVD
WHAT TO DO IF YOU REALIZE THE DVD YOU RECIEVED IS COPIED/NOT GENUINE REGION 2
Dont leave a possitive feedback just because the DVD was cheap, ask for a refund and contact ebay immediatly even if it is a long time since you bought the DVD.
Notify DVD Piracy either via telephon (0845 60 34 567) or you can fill in the online form which is confidential and you do not need to give your name
Hope this helps and happy bidding