is always the best thing to be organized. Plan your wedding ahead of time. Share every step with the loved ones who help you plan your wedding, especially Mom and the in-laws. The following tips will help as you plan for your wedding and reception.
Six Months to One Year Before
1) Set your date and time for ceremony and reception. 2) Estimate your budget. 3) Reserve locations for your ceremony and reception; select the officiate. 4) Decide on size and type of wedding. 5) Decide on guest list, start gathering names and addresses. 6) Choose a professional photographer, florist, baker, videographer, caterer, DJ or band, wedding consultant (if you choose to use one). 7) Announce your engagement. 8) Plan honeymoon. 9) Select rehearsal dinner location. 10) Select and order wedding gown and accessories. 11) Select attendants, flower girl, maid/matron of honor, groomsmen, ushers and best man. 12) Select bridesmaids' dresses and groom's and groomsmen's attire. 13) Look for invitations and accessories. 14) Schedule salon appointments (hair, manicure, pedicure, etc.). 15) Book transportation. 16) Reserve block of hotel rooms for out-of-town guests. 17) Order wedding bands.
Four Months Before
1) Finish your guest list. 2) Order Invitations. 3) Make map card for invitations. 4) Reserve rental items, including table settings and linens. 5) Begin planning showers and parties. 6) Finalize honeymoon plans. 7) Register for gifts at a bridal registry.
Two Months Before
1) Mail out invitations five weeks prior to wedding. 2) Finalize ceremony plans. 3) Finalize plans with photographer, videographer, baker, florist, DJ or band, caterer. 4) Finalize music selections for ceremony and reception. 5) Begin planning wedding-day schedule.
One Month Before
1) Get marriage license and/or take care of any other legal requirements. 2) Purchase gifts for attendants and bridal party. 3) Start your record of gifts received. 4) Final fittings for bride and attendants. 5) Contact your photographer for your formal bridal portrait. 6) Purchase gift for fiancee.
Two Weeks Before
1) Check on accommodations for out of town guests. 2) Confirm all honeymoon arrangements. 3) Make programs.
One Week Before
1) Insure that the wedding party picks up their attire. 2) Attend rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, distribute wedding party gifts. 3) Make sure you have marriage license and rings. 4) Contact guests who have not R.S.V.P.'d. 5) Give final count to banquet hall or caterer, finalize seating arrangements. 6) Pay vendors.
On Your Wedding Day
1) Eat something in the morning. 2) Enjoy your day and Be Happy!