Every new seller ask this questions: "Why my money received is being hold for 21 days?"
If your eBay payment is on hold, it could be because:
• You have been an eBay and PayPal member for less than 6 months
• You have an eBay feedback score of less than 100 and do not have a record of good performance
• You have a Buyer dissatisfaction percentage of 5% or greater
• You have an average Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) of less than 4.5
• You have received fewer than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings in the last 12 months
• You have a high rate of customer disputes
• You’re selling in a high risk category or industry such as, tickets, travel, gift certificates, computers, consumer electronics or mobile phones
Your funds may be released within 24 hours from when one of the following occurs:
• The buyer leaves you positive feedback
• 21 days pass without a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal being filed on the transaction
• You provide a tracking number which shows that the item has been delivered over 3 days ago
FAST ACCESS TO FUNDS COMES WITH EXPERIENCE AND PERFORMANCE
PayPal payment holds are typically placed on accounts that do not meet all of the following criteria:
90 days have passed since the first successful eBay sale.
More than 25 received payments have been completed on the site.
More than £165 has been generated in total sales.
If the account had been suspended previously and has been reinstated more than 90 days ago
The seller status on the account is Standard or above
Without any holds on the account, buyers’ payments will be available almost immediately.