Why should you avoid buying fakes?
There are lots of reasons why you should not buy fakes - and some that you may not have considered before.
- The goods may be dangerous - from cosmetics that can cause skin rashes to fake car parts that may cause accidents.
- A lot of fake goods fund drug dealers and other organised crime - even terrorism.
- You may end up paying higher taxes because people who deal in fakes don't - consumers like you end up making up the difference.
- You may be putting local people out of jobs because genuine manufacturers can't compete with the criminals making and selling fakes.
- If you buy fake goods and they don't live up to your expectations, you won't get any after sales service or guarantees.
- Fake goods deprive the copyright owner of money that can be used to fund new development.