How to drill a hole in porcelain and ceramic tiles using a diamond dust hole cutter
- • Use a battery drill on low speed without hammer action.
- • Use fresh cold water to stop the build up of heat whilst drilling, a drinks bottle with a small hole drilled in the cap is ideal for this.
- • If you can, try and drill the hole in the tile before you fit it, because the water stays around the drill bit, so the mess is contained and the drill bit remains cold and lubricated.
- • Avoid drilling dry, as this will reduce the diamond dust life span by over three quarters,
- • Apply light even pressure and let the drill do the work.
- • A 8mm thick porcelain tile will take about 4 - 6 minutes to drill a 32mm hole.
- • A standard white ceramic tile will take about 1 Minute for the same size hole. Based on white clay. Diamond Dust Hole Cutters For Porcelain & Ceramic Tiles