DON'T BUY NUMBERPLATES ON EBAY - ILLEGAL ACRYLLIC
Be Very Careful about buying Acryllic Numberplates on Ebay, 99% of these are illegal and the sellers are actually breaking the law by supplying numberplates without seeing documents. There are over 25 Sellers of Acryllic Numberplates on Ebay, and most of them don't tell you the following.
- All UK Numberplates must now show the name of the manufacturer of the plates and their postcode.
- Many are using sub standard materials which are not conforming to BS Standards and could be a serious hazard on the roads as they are not reflective.
- Illegal fonts are in use which would contribute to the failure of a vehicle when it is MOT'd
- It is unlawful to display any symbol on the left of a numberplate, so numberplates which show Football club badges, Bart Simpson, or the large symbol of car are not only illegal but also in breach of copyright laws.
- The Weather proofing of certain numberplate systems is questionnable, many manufactures are using a system on an OKI Laser Printer which has not yet been approved for use on cars, as the plates are not weatherproof - just jet wash them a few times and you will see them peel.
Visit the DVLA Website to find a proper Numberplate supplier - why not support your small local independent Motor Factors shop and stay within the law.
If you are unsure call DVLA on 0870 240 0010 and ask them if what the Ebayer is selling is legal, believe me it more than likely isn't, most are only suitable for OFF ROAD or SHOW use, so unless your car is permanently on a race track - DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.