There are some very simple ways to get your sales moving.
1. Pictures. the more the better, and always use a gallery shot as well. This catches the eye before buyers have even read the item heading.
2. If you are not in a hurry, use ten day auctions. the longer on, the greater exposure.
3. Write the title to use all the space on that line. Get keywords in that will direct people to your item. Think a moment of the common words that describe your item. try to work them into the title.
4 Write a detailed but honest description. write everything in that is relevant to the item :- Age, features, faults too, why you're selling it etc, etc. Even the most simple items can have several paragraphs of description.
5. Finish time. Work backwards !! end your auction when most people can view and bid. That means the weekend. For me, Sunday afternoon to early evening works best. So .... working back, a ten day auction needs to START between 3.00 pm and 8.00 pm THURSDAY. This also gets your item viewed over two weekends.
6. Good tip if you are buying...... look for items with no photographs and ending between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm Monday to Friday.
good luck from mikeandcats