Details about 12 bedroom watermill & mill house swimming pool garden & allotment function roomSee original listing
20 Jun, 2014 09:02:12 BST
LOGUIVY PLOUGRAS, Bretagne, France
|Country:||France||Construction Year:||Approx 1900|
|Location:||Cotes d'Armor, Brittany||Number of Bathrooms:||4|
|Sort By:||For Sale||Plot Area (m²):||Estimated 2000|
|Property Type:||House||Provide With:||Balcony, Basement, Central Heating, Double Glazed, Fireplace, Fitted Kitchen, French Windows, Garage, Garden, Guesthouse, Outdoor Parking, Swimming Pool, Wooden Floors|
|Building Feature:||Watermill||Private / Estate agent:||Private|
|Number of Bedrooms:||12|
5 storey 19th century Breton Mill house, watermill and stone barn with swimming pool and party room/mini gym.
A rare opportunity to rent this delightful Breton stone watermill full of character with fabulous lake views and on the edge of the Beffou forest. 5kms to the “petite cite de caractere” Guerlesquin. 25 mins from the coast, 30 mins Morlaix. Easy access to ports and airports. Schools nearby. Ideal for wishing to run a B&B or hotel, someone with a large or extended family who is simply looking for a large property.
The building boasts delightful features including the beautiful arched window of the lounge and balcony above of the master bedroom, pretty stone work and mill wheels still in place.
Currently 12 bedrooms in the mill house with approx double this house space to expand into, in the mill.
1. The Mill and Mill house from front
2. Mill house from side
3. Back of Mill
4. Swimming pool
5. Main lounge
6. Main kitchen
7. Function room
8. Some of the pretty features
9. Back garden
10. Inside the turbine chamber
11. Mill loft
12. Plans, map & satellite image
The Miller's House:
• Approx 200m2 on 5 storeys of renovated living space available furnished or unfurnished. (Contents not included in the sale, but can be added as a cash sale)
• 12 bedrooms (4 ensuite, inc 2 with Jack and Jill style shower room).
• Micro Station waste system installed & passed in 2011, suitable for up to 40 people. Carries full CE accreditation to BS EN12566-3 and meets the new specifications brought in.
• 2 living rooms with wood burning stoves and English TV via satellite in each.
• 2 fully fitted kitchens with many cupboards and 2 further kitchenettes (4 kitchen areas in total).
• 1 family bathroom with spa bath, wc & wash basin.
• 3 shower rooms with wc & wash basin.
• Separate cloakroom wc & wash basin.
• Office with high speed broadband connection in what used to be the bread oven from the old bakery.
• Oil fired central heating
• Fabulous views of 35 acre carp lake (lake not included in sale).
• Double garage with space for workshop behind.
• Diagnostic tests done show the property as a D (179) rating for consumption which for a stone property of it's age is very good. Most stone properties in the area are E, Fs or lower. The GES rating is E (39).
• 5 storey mill with potential for B&B, hotel or more gites - approx 400m2.**
• 4 floors still to renovate subject to permissions.
• Potential to create your own electricity.**
• Function/games room/mini gym - Ideal for table tennis, pool, parties etc.
• Many mill machines & stones still in place.
• 26ft covered swimming pool & cabin changing room.
• Garden with childrens' play area
• Designated bonfire area,
• Terrace area with patio tables and chairs and large BBQ.
• Separate allotment and space for chickens.
• 12m2 wooden summer house.
• Small fish pond.
• Stone barn for conversion - approx 75m2 floor space.**
• Some materials bought for the project and included in the sale eg: windows, door.
• Primary and secondary schools nearby with school transport collection point outside.
• Rural setting, steeped in history.
** Permissions required for these projects
The property was valued at 450,000 euros approx 5 years ago and since then many projects have been completed.
* * *
Thank you for your interest in the property.
Please contact us if you have any questions or to make an appointment to view.
Accommodation available onsite at reasonable rates for anyone wishing to view and can be refunded to the purchaser.
Excludes any fees, translations, or any other costs involved.
By dealing direct with the owner you will save thousands on estate agents fees, who can charge as much as 8 or 10% to the buyer in France, A "notaire" is still required for the legal work.
Serious enquiries only please! No advertising calls.
We are well aware of scams and will not open emailed attachements or forward money!
Please contact us for an e-brochure.
Return policy details
The seller won't accept returns for this item.
Sellers may be required to accept returns for items that are not as described. Learn more about your rights as a buyer. - opens in a new window or tab