12N 12S Universal Twin Towing Electrics
Excellent quality built to last
Mounted on double socket rigid metal plate
All items required for installation
Contents of Kit
12N 12S socket complete with twin mounting plate, rubber backing seal and pre-wired with 2 meters 7 core black cable.
2 x Ring eyelets
1 x Split Charge Relay TEC3M (for charging fridges etc)
1 x Audible monitor TEM1A
9 x Blue scotchlock connectors
Full Fitting instructions
12n Socket Diagram
12s Socket Diagram
TEM1A Audible warning device for towbar electrics
The audible monitor beeps when the trailer indicator is on. If there is no beeping you know the indicator is out on the trailer.
Monitors are devices that sense the flow of current to the trailer or caravan flashers, and fulfil a legal requirement to warn of a bulb failure on the trailer flashers. The simplest device is the audible monitor TEM1A which is boot fitting, and which interrupts the individual flasher circuits at the point at which the 12N cable attaches to the car’s flasher circuits.
Feedback to the driver is via an internal 2khz electromagnetic buzzer, which is sweeter sounding than the old style 500hz buzzer that it replaces, is at a pitch that is more responsive to the ear, and is much more reliable. Yet the sound is much less annoying than the high pitched square wave piezo enunciated types. The use of surface mount technology and a mini-buzzer probably makes this the smallest monitor on the market.
Universal Self Switching Split Charge Relay 12v TEC3M
High Output Combination Caravan Relay with automatic monitoring and switching of supply from car to caravan through double (split charge) relays.
- Very compact but powerful efficient design, giving the largest output in the smallest package
- Automatic monitoring of voltage and current availability from car’s alternator/battery
- No separate signal wire necessary
- Able to switch up to 30a continuously when available from car’s alternator/battery
- Adjustable factory set voltage trip with narrow band hysteresis
- Over temperature protection
- Line voltage drop compensation
- Low voltage drop (around 0.1v) at rated output
- Very high quality micro miniature 30a relays
- Fully snubbed for EMC compliance
12v -> Permanent Fused Live