Here we have for sale a Brand New boxed Pentax Q camera with an 8.5mm standard prime lens.
We also have a black 2 lens kit version of this camera available here.
THE SMALLEST MIRRORLESS CAMERA WITH THE FOLLOWING FEATURES:
- 12MP CMOS back illuminated sensor
- Ful HD Video, Codec H264
- New range of dedicated lenses
- Shake Reduction System
The world's smallest & lightest interchangeable lens camera body
The PENTAX Q features the newly developed Q mount, with a mount diameter shortened to approximately two-thirds of that of the conventional K mount. This was made possible by reducing the flange back (the distance from the lens mount surface to the image sensor surface) to nearly one-fifth of that of the K mount, as well as by optimizing the size of image circle of its lenses to be proportioned to the size of the compact image sensor. The Q mount system also eliminates an optical finder, mirror box, focusing plate and AF sensor, making the PENTAX Q’s body the smallest and lightest in its class. The body has been made of magnesium-alloy, which gives an elegant, high-quality texture to the compact, lightweight camera body while improving its durability.
Exceptional image quality through advanced technology
The PENTAX Q comes equipped with back illuminated 1/2.3-inch CMOS image sensor, which delivers beautiful, high-resolution images with approximately 12.4 effective megapixels. This is made possible by its high efficient light gathering optical construction that assures excellent high sensitivity and low noise characteristics and a high speed readout of image data signals. The PENTAX Q also features a new generation imaging engine integrating the best of PENTAX’s state-of-the-art digital imaging technologies, developed and accumulated over many years of digital SLR camera development. By coupling this imaging engine with exclusively designed, high performance Q mount lenses, the PENTAX Q delivers clear, high contrast images rich in gradation and texture, even at edges. With high sensitivity noise minimized, the photographer can use the entire sensitivity range — from ISO 125 to the highest ISO 6400 — without worrying about annoying digital noise. By taking advantage of the HDR (High Dynamic Range) function that produces one composite photo from multiple images, it’s easy to create beautiful images with an extra wide dynamic range and free of white-washed and blacked-out areas.
Innovative creative tool to add personal touches easily
The PENTAX Q offers a totally new style of photo shooting. By coupling the new Smart Effect function offering nine distinctive visual expressions via the easy access Quick-Dial positioned on the camera’s front panel, the photographer can effortlessly add a desired finishing touch to an image, while previewing the effect on the LCD monitor. The Quick-Dial has four positions, to which four favorite Smart Effect modes can be assigned in advance. The ever-popular Custom Image and Digital Filter functions have been further enhanced to provide an even greater range of image processing tools. In order to customize the PENTAX Q to accommodate specific shooting styles and user preferences, the user can also assign other options such as a custom image setting, a digital filter or an aspect ratio setting to the Quick-Dial.
Smart Effect modes
- Brilliant Color: Creates a lively atmosphere by raising the saturation level almost to the point of color saturation.
- Unicolor Bold: Creates an extremely high contrast image that retains one particular color in the image.
- Vintage Color: Produces a toy-camera-like effect, with a choice of several different finishing touches.
- Cross Processing: Produces a unique image with unusual colors, as if treated with the cross processing** used in film photography.
- Warm Fade: Creates a low contrast image with the white balance slightly shifted to pink shades.
- Tone Expansion: Produces a dramatic image with an artistic finishing touch, close to an intensified HDR (High Dynamic Range) effect.
- Bold Monochrome: Produces a low-key, high contrast image with enhanced sharpness.
- Water Color: Creates a watercolor-like finishing touch.
- Vibrant Color Enhance: Creates a flowery atmosphere with slightly enhanced contrast.
- USER: Used to enter a user-selected combination of custom image mode and a digital filter.
** A film development technique that uses an unconventional film developer to create a distinctive finishing touch with dramatic colors.
High quality, Full HD movie recording
The PENTAX Q comes equipped with a Full HD movie recording function employing the H.264 recording format, allowing user to capture high quality, extended movie clips (1920 x 1080 pixels) at a frame rate of 30 frames per second. The user can also take advantage of interchangeable Q-mount lenses to produce distinctive perspectives, or make effective use of the Smart Effect modes*** and other in-body movie editing tools to produce creative, dramatic visual expressions with great ease, even during movie recording. The PENTAX Q also provides a micro-HDMI terminal (type D), which allows the user to simultaneously output both Full HD movie clips and sound to external devices via a single terminal.
*** The frame rate may vary when a selected Smart Effect mode requires nonstandard image processing.
Effortless Bokeh control
The PENTAX Q comes equipped with newly developed bokeh control function, which allows user to capture the image with obtrusive objects in the field of view optimally defocused. With this function, the camera will automatically judge the focused subject as well as relative distance of each object from the camera in the field of view to apply optimal defocus effect to each object to stand out the main subject(s). This function will allow even a first-time digital photographer to easily capture the images with such effects as background defocus or foreground defocus that otherwise require certain extent of familiarity with the photography.
SR mechanism for sharp, blur-free images
The PENTAX Q incorporates the PENTAX-developed SR (Shake Reduction) mechanism, which automatically shifts the CMOS image sensor to offset camera shake detected by the camera’s motion sensor. As a result, the PENTAX Q produces sharp, blur-free images even under demanding conditions that are prone to camera shake, such as when using a telephoto lens, shooting in the dark without flash illumination, or capturing landscapes in the twilight. Therefore, whatever lens mounted on the PENTAX Q, it does not need to be stabilized, which is a subsequent financial advantage for the user.
Dependable features available only with interchangeable lens cameras
The PENTAX Q offers a host of user-friendly, functional features available only with digital interchangeable-lens cameras. Its top shutter speed of 1/2000 second freezes the decisive moment of the subject’s action. To accommodate user preferences and varying photographic applications, it also offers a choice of four different exposure modes: the user-friendly Programmed AE (P) mode that automatically selects an optimum combination of aperture and shutter speed; the Aperture-Priority AE (AV) and Shutter-Priority AE (TV) modes that allow the photographer to faithfully reproduce specific creative intentions on resulting images; and the Metered Manual (M) mode. It even allows the photographer to instantly switch from the P mode to the AV or TV mode with a simple turn of an electronic dial.
Large, wide view LCD monitor
The PENTAX Q features a large, easy-to-view, high resolution 3.0-inch color LCD monitor with approximately 460,000 dots. Its wide view design assures a clear view of the monitor from approximately 170 degrees horizontally and vertically, making it particularly useful in low and high angle shooting.
Dependable DRII mechanism for effective dust removal
The PENTAX Q’s DRII (Dust Removal II) mechanism effectively prevents annoying dust spots from spoiling captured images, even after the user changes lenses out in the open. Like PENTAX’s K-5 and 645D digital SLR cameras, it incorporates highly effective supersonic vibration mechanism, which vibrates image sensor at high speed to shake the dust off its surface.
High speed continuous shooting at five images per second
The PENTAX Q’s high speed burst shooting mode allows the photographer to record up to five images (in JPEG recording format) in a single sequence, at a maximum speed of approximately five images per second. This mode comes in handy when trying to preserve the action of fast-moving subjects in a series of images.
Built-in auto flash with pop-up mechanism
The PENTAX Q comes with a built-in auto flash (guide number 7 at ISO 200/m). The photographer can either use it at the default position, or raise it to the pop-up position with simple operation to widen its discharge angle to cover a 28mm angle of view (in the 35mm format).
- TTL image-sensor metering, with a choice of multi-segment, center-weighted and spot modes
- Contrast-detection autofocus system, with a face recognition function and 25 selectable focus points
- CTE white-balance control mode to emphasize the dominant color of a particular scene, such as the sunset
- Auto Picture mode for effortless shooting
- 21 scene modes, including new Forest and Stage Lighting options
- A choice of image size (4:3, 3:2, 16:9 or 1:1) to accommodate different subjects and applications
- Multi-exposure mode (up to 9 exposures on a single image), with an auto exposure compensation function
- Interval shooting mode, convenient for recording transition of landscapes and flowers/plants from exact same location and angle
- HDR mode to produce photo with an extra wide dynamic range composite photo from three images of varying exposures
- A choice of data storage medium: SD, SDHC and the new-standard SDXC memory cards
- SILKY Developer Studio 3 for PENTAX RAW-data development software (developed by Ichikawa Soft Laboratory) included; in-camera RAW-data development also available
We offer a twelve months warranty with this item
Click any of the item pictures on this page for a larger image, (note: all images on this page are stock photos)
If you wish to view the item before buying you may do so by visiting our shop in Colwyn Bay (address below). If you buy the camera you may collect it from our shop or we can post it to you.
Subscribe to our eBay newsletter
Cambrian Photography Ltd
87-89 Abergele Road
Tel: 01492 532510
Bidders with a feedback of less than five, please contact us first.
Please contact us for postage costs, outside the UK mainland.
Please check out our other items and our 'About the Seller' page
Some Important notes about delivery:
Please note: All items are dispatched using either Royal Mail or a Courier service depending on weight and/or size. To protect both the seller and you the buyer all items are sent using a signed for service and you will need to ensure someone is at home to recieve the parcel.
We are unable to guarantee a delivery day nor can we offer a timed delivery. If you would like a timed delivery, it is essential that you contact us prior to bidding or buying. It is not always possible and when it is, it will incurr an extra charge.
In accordance with eBay Seller Protection policy we can only dispatch items to the registered address of the buyer as supplied to us by eBay. If you require your item sending to an alternative address then it is your responsibility to ensure that your address is updated in your eBay profile before placing bids or buying. You are welcome to collect your item from our store in Colwyn Bay on the North Wales Coast should you wish to do so.
Occasionally we will ask for your telephone number. This is required by most courier companies these day in case of any issues with delivery. It helps if you can leave a note at checkout.
Cambrian Photography have been established as a specialist photographic retailer in North Wales for over 60 years. We have excellent eBay feedback so you can bid with full confidence. Our opening hours are Monday to Saturday 9:00am until 5:30 with a 5:00pm finish time on Wednesday.
If you are looking for anything photographic related but you do not see it listed yet in our eBay Store, please do not hesitate to contact us either via email or telephone as we will probably have it or be able to get it for you.
Some Recent Feedback as entered by eBay members
- Well described~excellant new condition~great communication~fast posting~thanks!
- Item as described and posted promptly, happy to reccomend
- Excellent - As described, neatly packed and very promptly sent A+ Seller
- Excellent item and truly astonishing delivery (i.e. less than 24 hrs)
- ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ EXCELLENT SELLER ! ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ A CREDIT TO EBAY
- Excellent service, super fast shipping +++++
- Excellent communication and very helpful. Thank you very much. 5*
- Perfect seller, well packaged and arrived quicker than suggested. Love my camera
- Well packed, fast shipment, item in good condition.
- Thrilled to bits with the lens. Really fast delivery. Would deal again
- exactly as described. seller was excellent to deal with
- Description, shipping and contact: perfect. Highly recommended. Many thanks!
- ‹(•¿•)› A pleasure to deal with, as described and fast delivery.
- Fast shipping, secure packaging. Good communication. Thank you,recommend to all.
- People like this make Ebay a pleasure to use, Thank You.
Checkout more of our feedback here
For full Terms and Conditions of sale please visit our 'About the Seller' page
All the pictures below are stock photos. This is a brand new item still in its original box from the manufacturer.