BRITISH BUTTERFLIES ANTIQUE BOOK COLLECTION
17 ANTIQUE OLD VINTAGE BOOKS ON CD
Collected together on this unique CD is a fine selection of 17 of the best antique, old and vintage books on British Butterflies.
The CD contains hundreds of pages of fascinating information about the genera and species of butterflies that could be found in the British Isles a century or more ago, some of which are now very rare or even extinct.
These books were originally published between the mid 19th century and the early 20th century when the interest in the natural history and the study of our native lepidoptera by scientists, naturalists and amateurs was at its height.
The books are written by some of the top natural history writers and scientific specialists of their day, including H.G. Adams, W.J. Lucas, W.S. Coleman, H.N Humphries, W.E. Kirby and many others. They are largely written for the aspiring amateur naturalist as well as for the general reader interested in the natural history of these fascinating, beautiful and sometimes illusive creatures.
The volumes are beautifully illustrated with many colour and black and white paintings, engravings, woodcuts, drawing and photographs.
Here are a just a few of the may colourful illustrations you will find in this CD book collection.
Each book comes as an Ebook (electronic book) in PDF format and has been professionally scanned from books that are no longer in copyright. These books are printable and are fully searchable so that you can enjoy the 100's of pages of original content on your computer.
Here are the titles of the volumes you will find on the CD.
- Beautiful Butterflies. H.G. Adams, 1904. 81 pages
- the Book of British Butterflies: A practical manual for collectors & naturalists. W.J. Lucas, 1893. 253 pages
- British Butterflies: figures & descriptions of every native species. W.S. Coleman, 1839. 217 pages
- British Butterflies & Moths (Abbey Nature Books). W. Percival Westell. 126 pages .
- British Butterflies & their Transformation. H.N. Humphries & J.O. Westwood, 1840. 234 pages
- British & European Butterflies and Moths. A.W. Kappel & W.E. Kirby.
- Butterflies and Moths (British). W. Furneaux 1894. 394 pages
- Genera and Species of British Butterflies. H.N. Humphries. 149 pages
- A Handbook of British Butterflies. J. R. Charnley 1902. 65 pages
- History of British Butterflies. Rev. F.O. Morris 1904. 348 pages
- History of our British Butterflies. C.W. Dale 1889. 282 pages
- Natural History of British Butterflies and Moths. E. Newman. 683 pages
- British Butterflies (Naturalists Library). J. duncan 1840. 309 pages
- British Butterflies, Moths & Beetles (Young Collector) W.F. Kirby 1885. 110 pages
- British Butterflies & Moths: An introduction to the study of our native lepidoptera. H.T. Stainton. 366 pages
- British Butterflies (Peeps at Nature). A.M. Stewart 1918. 121 pages
- British Butterflies and other Insects. E. Thomas 1908. 143 pages
ABOUT THE CD
You will receive 1 labelled data CD in a plastic wallet. The CD contains PDFs of all the books. You will need Adobe Reader or similar PDF reader on your computer to open and read them. If you do not have this you can download it free from www.adobe.com
This CD WILL NOT PLAY on a CD/DVD player or a player linked to your TV. It is only suitable for use on a computer.
PLEASE NOTE: The contents of this CD is for your own personal use only and cannot be copied for resale or distribution.
Order today using the Buy It Now button and I'll rush your CD of this stunning eBook collection of rare, vintage books on British Butterflies to you straight away.
MAC USERS PLEASE NOTE: THIS MAY NOT WORK ON MAC OPERATING SYSTEM YOSEMITE
Please read the following Terms and Conditions.
Payment Paypal only is acceptable. Items will be dispatched within 1 working day of receiving cleared funds.
Refunds accepted if item is returned within 30 days in unopened, unused and undamaged condition, buyer to pay for all return shipping costs. Please email to let us know what you are returning.
Overseas buyers: Paypal in sterling GBP only accepted, please see overseas shipping costs to ensure correct payment is made.
We are continually adding new items so please check my other items to see if there is anything you might like.