VINTAGE ART & ADVERTISING
1876 Wood Engraving Rocking Cradle Duc Anjou Louis XV Costume Baby Mother XGGA9
Description and Condition
- Year: 1876
- Type: Original Engraving
- Grade: Near Mint / Very Fine
- Authentication: Dual Certificates
- Image: Black / White
- Approximate Size (inches): 4.25 x 5.5
- Approximate Size (cm): 11 x 14
This is an original 1876 black and white wood engraving of the future King Louis XV being rocked to sleep in his own special cradle in 18th century France.
Period Paper is thrilled to offer items from an artistically illustrated collection of eighteenth century France. These stunning artworks encompass native customs, social activities, military personnel, historic ships, famous figures, stunning costumes, historic landmarks, weaponry and more between the years of 1700 and 1789. To view more images from this portfolio, please click on the link offered below the condition paragraph.
This 135+ year old Item is rated Near Mint / Very Fine. Light aging throughout. No creases. No natural defects. Some light surface rub. No tears. No water damage. Please note that there is print on the verso.
To find other items from this specific collection in our eBay store, please click here.
Keywords specific to this image: dress, swaddling cloth
September 1, 2014 Marks Our 10th Year Anniversary on eBay. Here's what you can expect:
Beginning August 1, 2014 and continuing through September 30, 2014 we will offer unprecedented purchase opportunities, discounted pricing, special offers, gifts with purchase, and other unique promotions. This is our time to GIVE BACK to the eBay and world community and say THANK YOU for giving us the opportunity to serve you for 10 years. With over 110,000 customers in 40 countries, we are humbled and honored to continue to be your number one source for historical imagery, collectible antique and vintage prints, and unique ephemera. Watch our special promotions page closely, and the right margin of this listing template for these opportunities. And, see below why the world has grown to trust us as the leading source in this market and marketplace.
Product Pricing & What We Deliver
At times we receive inquiries about our pricing, especially for vintage advertising or historical halftone prints, and are asked why our prices are consistently higher than some other sellers of similar items. For the first five years of our business, we asked our primary consumer base what they wanted. Our primary consumers - historical societies, historians, archivists, curators, university professors, historical decorators, and collectors, etc., have diverse and specific needs and we've built our business to accommodate those needs, like no other seller worldwide. Below is what is unique about how and what we offer as the world's leader in print ephemera:
- Product Packaging. Every product is placed against custom black acid-free board with crystal-clear, archival protective closures. We are the only sellers in the industry who provide display-quality black boards with every item (which also make exceptional presentations for gift-giving). Oversized engravings are protected by museum quality tubes.
- Product Pictures. Online digital images to evaluate the original products are imaged high resolution, 100% perpendicular, giving the customer the ability to enlarge and see fine details in every listing. This digital imaging is not provided by any other seller of ephemera worldwide. Images captured for posting online come from world-class Nikon imaging systems.
- Product Provenance via Dual Certificates. Period Paper maintains image & text databases to track full provenance for virtually every item in inventory. This requires acquisitions that allow us to document provenance, in-house maintenance of databases, and dissemination of that information to buyers. We provide two certificates, beautifully printed on linen stock. Most buyers mount one on the back of a framed item, and keep the other filed for reference.
- Product Acquisition. Period Paper only acquires common items in the very best condition. However, our specialty is procuring rare items, which makes up 80% of our inventory versus other sellers. Over 115,000 items available from Period Paper are not available from any other seller in the world. While it may not change the quality of a simple halftone print, it changes its rarity and raw costs. For vintage advertising, while it might be a common brand, many of our ads were uncommon placements, or trade placements versus consumer, or truly one-of-a-kind placements.
- Product Packaging for Shipping. No one packages and ships an item like Period Paper. We understand the value of the items you purchase. And, over the years, we've built packaging and a reputation for getting items safely to every customer. Regardless of the package destination, each item is packaged as if it's going to a small hut in Siberia by dog sled. It will arrive safely.
Due to our commitment to a premium service model, and with our dedication to providing our consumer base with what they now expect from us (see list above), our prices are higher than most other sellers in this market. Period Paper delivers more, consistently, and with a guarantee that every item is original to the date specified in each listing. It's why over 110,000 consumers have chosen Period Paper as their trusted source for historical and antique print ephemera and art over the last nine years. Thank you for trusting us!