1955 Vincent Black Prince Project
PRICE REDUCED!!! PRICED REDUCED!!! PRICE REDUCED!!! PRICED REDUCED!!! PRICE REDUCED!!! PRICE REDUCED!!! PRICE REDUCED!!! PRICE REDUCED!!!
The motorcycle has undergone a complete Mike Parti engine
rebuild and many other items are completed and ready for assembly. The
motorcycle is a recent restoration project that the owner lost interest in bike and wantes to move it along in it's current condition and state of affairs.
The Prince is an all numbers matching motorcycle with the VOC documentation
as well as an earlier British registration booklet. I also sent off all
information to the leading authority on the D Series bikes in the UK and he has
also authenticated the bike as well as sending us some past history on it. This
bike was actually the eighth motorcycle built in 1955 and the fourth Black
Prince off of the line.
This bike was sent over to the US about twelve years ago all in one
piece needing a full restoration. As mentioned, the motor just came out of Mike
Parti's shop and is completely done at the tune of $16k invested to make it
right. The frame sections are restored as well as a number of sub components
such as newly painted forks and the like. The wheels are restored and relaced
new with stainless steel spokes. The fiberglass body components are in very good
to excellent shape. They have not been painted as of yet. Since the work has been halted, I am now
offering it up for sale in its current condition or it can be completed by us on a time and material basis contracted separate from the auction sale.
With regard to the price of the bike, I see no down side at the ROCK BOTTOM PRICE of $100k USD is a very good deal especially when you compare it to the
shoddy basket case Prince that recently sold at the Bonhams auction in the
UK for $157k USD. (see below link)
My estimation, I believe the remaining work and sundries needed for this
project should not exceed $15k to $20k USD and this is with having in done here in the USA. If the new owner decides to do the work, I believe this can be done at half the price.
The wheels are now built and the items I
think will need to be purchased are a new seat, tires, chain, petcocks, and some
other small bits. Most of the chrome has been redone, but a thorough inspection
of every box needs to be done to get a better read on what other expenditures
the new buyer may be facing.
Located in Southern California. 5% VAT and approximately $2,500.00 USD for crating and air transport to Gatwick or London Heathrow.
To view this motorcycle along with many other classic bikes and cars for sale, go to:
(NOTE!) This motorcycle is selling in "AS IS, WHERE IS" condition with no warranties or guarantees applied. We will entertain private offers and may consider other classic motorcycles or autos in trade. We accept Pay Pal, bank wire transfer, cash in hand, as well as other per approved forms of payment. Funds will need to be deposited in our account prior to the release of the vehicle. Full payment is expected within seven working days from the close of the auction.
We reserve the right to end the auction at any time as it is being offered locally as well as internationally. We sell world wide and shipping is not included. We will assist with shipping arrangements and will also deliver the motorcycle to the Los Angeles area for an extra charge of $125.00. You are welcome to view the motorcycle in person on an appointment basis only. The motorcycle is located in Ojai, CA. which is located approximately 80 miles north of Los Angeles, CA. For more information, please call 805 798-1802.
NOTE: fron Glenn Bator:
"MOTORCYCLE INVESTOR NEWSLETTER"
by Bator International Inc.
FREE TO ALL!
Hello everyone, I wanted to let you know that our second issue of our new "Motorcycle Investor Newsletter" is now on line at batorinternational dot com. This is free to everyone that signs up on the website. As a gift, I have decided to give out a link to the magazine so you can take a look at the magazine even before sign up on the website. This is a 40 page on line magazine with really great articles surrounding classic motorcycles, vintage bike and auto racing, auction information and much more. It costs nothing and we hope that you like this issue so much, you will go on our batorinternational dot com website and subscribe so you can receive the next issue! I sincerely hope you enjoy! Glenn Bator
On 19-Jul-14 at 22:45:56 BST, seller added the following information:
NOTE, CASH IN HAND, NOT BY MAIL!! ONE OF MY OTHER AD'S WAS PULLED BECAUSE I DID NOT STATE "NO CASH BY MAIL" I GUESS CASH IN HAND WAS NOT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR THE EBAY FILTERS!!!
We will accept all of the other forms of payment "as well" as mentioned above!!
On 21-Jul-14 at 00:42:25 BST, seller added the following information:
MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THE BIKES CONDITION:
The following is the corrospondence from the previous builder to me:
1. the motor is done all the front end finished and ready to assemble as are the complete front and rear wheelsand brake assys center stand is painted ready to install there will be nuts and bolts on some things that it will need the seat needs to be done there’s some plating to do front foot peg hangars and assys (Cad plate? levers and some odds n ends the windshield is nice as is the gasket all the fiber glass needs 2 be painted I think I have the transfers I should have the rear frame section and UFM back this week that's 2 pieces being painted also needs 2 tyres rims and spokes are finished painted and striped
2. So let me be clear on this.
1. Front end is fully painted, restored with all new bushings and fittings ready to be assembled. Yes
2. Front and rear wheel hubs are refinished, with new bearings, axles and spacers. Yes
3. Front and rear wheel rims are rechromed, centers painted and pinstriped with new spokes and nipples. Yes
4. Brake backing plates are restored, painted with new brake shoes and all other hardware refinished and/or new. yes new water excluders need 2 be riveted to backing plates,
5. Seat pan is restored and ready for new upholstery. seat needs total resto
6. New front windshield and gasket and mounting hardware. windshield is xlnt w gasket
7. Fiberglass parts and gas tank needs to be restored, painted and striped? Yes
8. UFM/RFM frame sections are restored and painted. at the painter appx 10 days,
Can you tell me about the following?
1. Sprockets and chain? New/restored, ready to go? New sprocket old chain
2. Cables and controls new/restored? No Cables controls need plating
3. Steering head bearings/cups/dust covers new/restored? Steering head assy comp w new 1/4"ball bearings
4. Needs new tires/tubes/rim bands? Needs 2 tyres tubes & liners,
5. Fenders/brackets new/restored? Fibreglas front fender needs resto good rear bracket,
6. Wiring loom new? new wiring loom
7. Handlebars and hold down clamps and hardware new/restored? Handle bars done comp
8. Brackets for fairing/body work new/restored? Brkts etc 4 body work needs resto
9. Crash bars restored? crash bars done,
10. All new rubber products purchased? No rubber products
11. New Battery? No battey
12. Coil, voltage regulator, ignition switch and other electrical components new/restored? 6V lucas coil? reg orig, key switch orig, headlamp sw orig, hi lo orig, horn sw orig
13. Headlight components new/restored? Headlight parts Need resto,
14. All gauges new/restored? gauges wrong ammeter is working, Speedo is out being done 2 weeks ?
15. Shock absorbers new/restored?
16. Oil tank restored? Oil Tank Comp
17. Oil and fuel lines new? oil lines comp need plating, fuel lines rubber no
18. Carburetors new/restored? Carbs yes
19. Horn and brackets restored? horn & brkt need paint
20. Brake switch and hardware new/restored?
21. Chain guard restored? Chain guard is done
22. All gas and oil caps restored/new?
23. Title for the bike??? NO
24. Tail light and licence plate components new/restored?
25. Miscellaneous hardware/nuts/bolts new/restored? Nuts bolts and hardware and some fasteners will have to be purchased,
26. All foot pegs accounted for new/restored? Front pegs and hangars comp nd resto could be black or chrome or cad
27. Bat wing hardware and knobs new/restored? hand muffs yes Nobs some orig not all
28. Petcocks new?
29. Anything else you can think of?
3. 1 yes, 2 yes, 3 yes, 4 yes new water excluders need 2 be riveted to backing plates,5 seat needs total resto,6 windshield is xlnt w gasket,7yes,8 there at the painter appx 10 days, New sproket old chain, No Cables controls need plating, Steering head assy comp w new 1/4"ball bearings, Needs 2 tyres tubes & liners, Fiberglass front fender needs resto good rear bracket, new wireing loom, Handle bars done comp, 6V lucas coil? reg orig, key switch orig, headlamp sw orig, hi lo orig, horn sw orig, Brkts etc 4 body work needs resto, crash bars done, No battery, No rubber products, Headlight pts Need resto, gauges wrong ammeter is working, Speedo is out being done 2 wks ?, Oil Tank Comp yes, oil lines comp need plating, fuel lines rubber no, pet cocks no,Tailight is new orig as is lower Lucas reflector, Carbs yes, horn & brkt need paint, Front pegs and hangars comp nd resto could be black or chrome or cad, hand muffs yes, knobs some orig not all,
Chain guard is done, nuts bolts and hardware and some fasteners will have to be purchased, I think that about does it if there’s pts i have that I’ve forgotten I will forward, will take a bit of sorting
As a follow up to the above, the wheels have been laced with stainless steel spokes. Speedometer is fully restored and frame work paint is completed.