Details about 1991 Alfa Spider S4 LHD 38k Miles MINT fully restored no rust best in the UK1991 Alfa Spider S4 LHD 38k Miles MINT fully restored no rust best in the UK See original listing
23 Jul, 2012 16:19:11 BST
Telford, Shropshire, United Kingdom
Used: An item that has been previously used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of ... Read moreabout the condition
Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Power Windows
If you are looking for the very best Alfa S4 Spider available than you will struggle to better this one after its comprehensive restoration that I have just completed. This car was done to look like a new one as you would have found at an Alfa dealer 20 years ago. Some parts on it are the very LAST available as I bought the last stock. (factory carpets for instance) This work cannot be replicated (as much as I would like) so this is the last chance to have one of these cars in this condition. There are very few people in the UK capable of doing an Alfa to the extent this car has been taken and commercially it would never pay as the labour hours required are so high it would take £40k in labour to pay a shop to do a similar job.
This Alfa Spider is the third such car I have restored in the past 5 years and is certainly the best. I have put an immense amount of labour and work into making this car as close to when it left the factory as possible. Everything has been photographed (100’s of photos), documented and there are receipts for everything. I am well known the both Alfaholics and Classic Alfa and my thanks to both these suppliers for their help in this restoration.
This is an original LHD late 1991 2.0 S4 Spider originally delivered to the Netherlands. It has been declared manufactured in 1991 but is clearly built to 1992 spec having a cable throttle and a revised coolant hose layout through the manifold. Speedo is in KM/Hr as is the odometer. I know these cars inside and out and the later the better in terms of S4 Spiders. Manufacture stopped in 1993 although some were sold as 1994 so it really is the end of the series. It was imported to the UK in 2006. The car was extensively rust proofed from new and this can be seen on the inner panels throughout the car. There is ZERO rust on the car. The mileage is backed up with a stamped service book and loads of old receipts. When I bought the car it was a genuine, solid, and never restored Spider that needed a load of TLC but was underneath and excellent chassis. I do a true nut and bolt restoration and really show you every single nut and bolt! (see below)
All the following is documented with receipts and photographs and the work has been done in the last 6 months/100 miles. 12 months MOT of course from June 15th 2012. Most but not all (can’t remember everything) of the extensive work done on the car includes the following:
1. New Mohair roof, properly installed and fitted by Car Hoods Northern. Big £££ to do it right with the correct style of roof
2. Although the paint is not original it is fantastic and clearly was resprayed a few years back. Paint is nearly 100% perfect, pictures show how good it looks
3. Full new interior, including the LAST OEM factory carpet set available, new door panels, new seat covers, seat foam, rear carpet, side trims, new door seals, new rear deck carpet (this took 30 hours of work alone), new rear wrap around carpet. New gear shift gaiter and parking brake gaiter as well.
4. New Nardi Steering wheel and Nardi shift handle (cosmetic but a requirement really and I only use the best, no cheap Chinese copies here)
5. Boot carpet full shampooed and cleaned, new boot seal fitted
6. New door check straps
7. New door Courtesy lamp swiches
8. Window cables and electric motors lube and adjusted
9. New washer jets and tubing
10. New Kenwood IPOD stereo and new speakers
1. I had the transmission fully rebuilt by Alfaholics. Outsourcing this to the best in the UK gives me a receipt proving the work was done plus they have all the right tools to do it correctly. Needless to say that means all new seals, bushes, bearings, synchros, and every part that could wear is not like new and done to the highest standards.
2. New clutch, release bearing, fork clips, new clutch hydraulics, clutch hose, slave cylinder
3. New speedo cable
4. New rear wheel bearings (a real stinker of a job), rear oil seals
5. New parking brake shoes and pins and retainers
6. New Brembo brake disks, brake pads
7. New brake fluid and clutch fluid
8. Wheels painted correct silver
9. Pirelli 6000 tyres fitted
10. All 16 wheel bolts chromed
11. Rear axle oil replaced
The engine was stripped down the block and head. Every single component was bead blasted clean and replated or painted as original. 300 hours of work went into the engine itself. Pictures back this up and seeing is believing to understand the extent I went to on the engine compartment. Significant items replaced or overhauled include
1. All hoses, belts, P/S fluid, spark plugs, wires, coolant
2. Alternator rebuilt as new
3. Starter refurbished
4. Fuel injection system stripped and the injectors were tested and serviced. New filters and pintals were fitted. Most significantly the fuel injection hoses were updated for the new ethanol fuels. I have the test data proving the volume and spray pattern for the fuel injectors
5. New temp senders, fan senders, cooling fans were stripped and cleaned and serviced
6. New oil and oil filters
7. Radiator cleaned and tested
8. Engine block and head were cleaned inch by inch throughout
9. Every under bonnet item was repainted or replated .