Details about 1997 VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT SE 20V TURBO BLUE TAXED & TESTEDSee original listing
07 Aug, 2012 20:31:19 BST
[ 22 bids ]
Harwich, United Kingdom
Used: An item that has been previously used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of ... Read moreabout the condition
|Reg. Mark:||r*** *** Get the Vehicle Status Report|
|Model:||PASSAT SE 20V TURBO||Engine Size:||1781 cc|
|Type:||Standard Car||Transmission:||5 SPEED MANUAL PETROL|
welcome to my auction - today I'm selling my vw passat - 1.8 20vt se NO RESERVE AUCTION<> re listed due to absolute time waster.
brought and used as a stop gap whilst I repaired my daily driver - it's done me proud, super comfy - reliable - nippy, a nice little cruiser! please note there is no service history with the car, previous owner lost in transit - never bothered me. oil looks relatively fresh as does filter - cheap enough to service if you're bothered about it :)
mechanically it's pretty sound - MOT record check shows the following -
Certificate issued (Pass)
Advisory Notice issued
Nearside Front Headlamp deteriorated but light output not reduced (1.7.5a)
Offside Front Headlamp deteriorated but light output not reduced (1.7.5a)
Offside Outer Front Front constant velocity joint gaiter deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.5.C.1a)
Realistically I'm selling as spares or repairs, ideal for a 20vt conversion donor car etc - for a mk1 mk2 mk3 jetta....... or whatever else takes your fancy, you could of course just fix it to how you want it and use it yourself as a cheap run around?! it's got tax and test so your good to go with insurance.
here's a list of some niggley items that have caught my eye -
- keys - it will only unlock / lock via the key in the BOOT - one key looks original the other doesn't. probably a ten minute reprogramming job or a battery?! locks up and immobilizes fine however!
- exhaust has been repaired in the past and is somehow on the wonk, doesn't blow.
- few burn marks in the interior - otherwise it's very clean for its age.
- a good few dents and scratches on the exterior - it's old it's going to happen. no rust present however!
- milky headlights, easy fix with two new off here or cut back with wet and dry and polish!?
- slight tap from cold, possible hydraulic lifter? appears to clear when warm!
- engine is nice and clean and original.
probably more, but come and have a look or take a punt - it's a cheap car and it's got to go.
for sale elsewhere so I reserve the right to withdraw the car without prior notice.
Auction rules >>
- NO RESERVE AUCTION
- U.K bidders only
- cash on collection only
- the final price is what you are to pay, no haggling - SOLD AS SEEN - NO WARRANTY!