Plan your ultimate trip, from sightseeing to petrol stops
Your trip. Your way. Microsoft AutoRoute is the travel planning software that helps you get accurate directions, easily explore new areas and find the services you want and need along the way. Customisable trip planning options help you plan your travel to multiple destinations or quickly alter your route by just dragging and dropping it on your map. Points of interest are easy to browse and add to your journey. Personalise and save your maps, adding drawings, notes and pushpins with important information or import your contacts directly from Microsoft Office Outlook and Excel. On or off-line, AutoRoute gives you detailed door to door directions and more than 5 million miles of navigable roads and motorways throughout Europe at your fingertips. AutoRoute makes it easy to plan the perfect trip.
· Updated maps for Eastern and Western Europe: 37 countries covered.
· Find your way quickly and easily by entering an address, postcode or place to get maps and step-by-step directions for your journey.
· Simple to plan the perfect trip, including multiple stops, points of interest (POI), and start and stop times.
· Flexible trip planning options like custom start times, driving speeds and rest breaks.
· Tailor your trips by driving speeds, and road types to avoid motorways, or to choose a more scenic route.
· More points of interest find inspiration for destinations and find the services you need—without an Internet connection—choose from 1.5 million points of interest.
· View the quickest routes with one-click trip optimization.
· Add pushpins to mark places of interest—especially helpful on longer journeys.
· Optimise your trip by calculating mileage, time, and expenses in advance.
Which Version of AutoRoute is Right for You?
For spoken directions** and turn-by-turn navigation, consider AutoRoute with GPS Locator. It has all the same features, but adds a sleek GPS receiver making your laptop or netbook a navigation device.*
* GPS functionality requires a GPS device that supports NMEA 2.0 or later. GPS device is sold separately/not included with AutoRoute Standard.
** Verbal driving directions are available in English only.
AutoRoute System Requirements
To use Microsoft AutoRoute 2011, you need:
- Windows 7 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 (64 bit) with 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista ® with 1 GB RAM, Windows Server ® 2008 with 512 MB RAM, or Windows XP with 256 MB RAM (64-bit versions of Windows XP and Windows Server excluded); service packs for operating systems recommended.
- Available hard-disk space: 2.3 GB.
- For installation: DVD-ROM drive or high-speed Internet access.
- Super VGA (1024 X 768) or higher-resolution monitor.
- Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse, or compatible pointing device.
Additional items or services are required to use certain features:
- For Voice Output: any of the operating systems listed in the above system requirements and a compatible sound card.
- Microsoft compatible email software such as Microsoft Office Outlook® is required to use Send to Mobile and Send To as attachment; Office Outlook 2007 or Office Outlook 2010 is required to use Send To as picture.
- Broadband Internet service recommended for certain features, which may require payment of a separate fee to an Internet service provider; local and/or long-distance telephone toll charges may apply.
- GPS functionality requires a GPS device that supports NMEA 2.0 or later and an available USB port.
- Certain features require Internet Explorer ®. If not present, Internet Explorer will be installed but will not displace your primary browser.