Altera DE1 Development & Education BoardSee original listing
01 Mar, 2012 05:32:41 GMT
Rutherglen, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
Used: An item that has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully ... Read moreabout the condition
Altera DE1 Development and Education Board.
There are a couple of issues I should point out:
1. The DC jack on the board does not work, although it will power up via the USB connection and work as expected
The fault is a burnt-out surface mount diode behind the jack (GW5819)
2. The UNIX/Linux software DVD has a few deep scratches, but this is no major issue as updated software for Windows and Linux can be downloaded from Altera.
This was imported by me from the USA, as it was difficult tracking down a UK stockist at the time.
A US style 2-pin mains adaptor is included, but isn't much use as the aforementioned DC jack is non-functional, and a 240v - 110v stepdown transformer would be required.
You can use a suitable DC adaptor with a USB socket to power it away from a computer if need be.
I've always had it powered via USB and had no issues.
USB lead is not included, but it's a standard type A-B, the same as used for a USB printer.
• Altera Cyclone II 2C20 FPGA with Serial COnfiguration device (EPCS4).
• USB Blaster (on baord) for programming.
• Both JTAG and Active Serial programming modes are supported.
• 512Kbyte SRAM
• 8 Mbyte SDRAM
• 4 Mbyte Flash memory
• SD card socket
• 4 pushbuttons, 10 toggle switches
• 10 red and 8 green user LEDs
• 24-bit quality audio codec with mic-in, line-in and line-out jacks
• VGA DAC resistor network (4096 colours) with VGA-out connector
• RS-232 and PS/2 mouse/keyboard connector
• Two 40-pin expansion headers
• Powered by 7.5v DC adapter or USB cable
• 50MHz oscillator ,24MHz oscillator ,27MHz oscillator and external clock sources