We have a lovely property for sale in the small village of Örträsk, Vasterbotton, Northern Sweden.
The sale price of this property is £24.950.00 or Best Offer
The house was built in 1938 and has 3 bedrooms with lounge, kitchen, bathroom, sauna and garage with woodstorage.
The property has a footprint of 110 square metres and the site extends to just over a 1/4 of an acre of land.
Internally, the house is heated by radiators throughout which can be operated either by electricity or from a wood burner.
Description of the layout of the house
The front door leads into a lovely bright hallway and, to the right of the hall, there is a beautifully designed stairway leading to two bedrooms.
Between the bedrooms there is a vestibule area with an exposed wooden floor where you can relax and read etc under the elegant skylight.
The two upstairs bedrooms are a comfortable size:
- One of the bedrooms has an exposed wooden floor
- The other bedroom has built-in storage and a balcony that overlooks the garden.
On the ground floor there is:
- A kitchen/diner, fully functional and complete with a cooker and fridge freezer.
- A further bedroom, with ample built-in storage, that is currently used as an office. Broadband is available in the house.
- A shower room with a separate toilet and sink.
- Built onto the side of the house is a traditional Swedish sauna room
- There is a garage with wood storage
- There is a wooden deck area withan outlook to hedges and bushes and the lovely lawned garden area that surrounds the house.
- The house is approached by a gravel driveway and sits on a corner plot.
- The site has views to a small lake and is roughly a 1000 mtrs away from Lake Ortrasktjarnen where you can fish and go boating/swimming.
As an additional bonus to the beauty and facilities of this property the house comes complete with all the furniture and fittings that you can see in the photo's so that when you arrive your house is more or less fully furnished.
This would make a great full time living home or vacation house with potential for letting in the winter or summer.
The house will need painting in a few places ie the down spouts at the back of the house and a few boards,we have had the front of the house painted where it was needed,the shower room could be modernised but that is up to you if you want to modernise it but it functions as it should.
The running costs are approximately £150 per year for septic tank emptying.
If you were living there full time, the electicity costs will amount to an average of around £150 per month in winter to run and heat the house, and in summer, your costs would just be for lighting/running appliances etc, so would be very minimal. The house has a wood burner, so your electricity costs can be reduced by using wood to heat the house.
Council tax for waste removal etc is approx £200 per year.
There is no gas.
The property is a 15 minute drive to the nearest town (Norsjo) that has Shops/Banks/Swimming Pool/Sport center/Doctors/Pharmacy/Cafe's/ etc.
Activity's in the area are
- a small ski slope with a button lift - only 8 miles away
- ice fishing
- cross country skiing
- dog sledding
- hiking and hunting
- On your doorstep is the longest cable car in the world.
You can also see the Sami reindeer herders during winter which is spectacular and the wild life in the area includes Moose, Reindeer, Lynx, Brown Bear, Wolves etc.
90% of Swedish people speak English so the language barrier is not a problem and Sweden is very multicultural so you won't feel alone when you arrive.
Getting to Vasterbotton is very easy with a direct flight from Heathrow to Skelleftea airport which is 2.5 hours away and from there it is an hour drive to the property. (hire a car from Skelleftea Airport or use the twice daily coach to Norsjo)
The property is also a 2 hours drive to the Norway Border.
We reserve the right to keep this listing active until the sale of our house is agreed in principle.
For more information please feel free to mail me.
Please no dreamers or timewasters.