Details about RARE 1953 HARDING BLACK COPPER RED GLAZE MODERN STUDIO POTTERY CERAMICS SCHEIERSee original listing
20 Apr, 2012 17:49:38 BST
Approximately £22.89(including postage)
MODERN DESIGN REFERENCES !!!!!!!, United States
|Condition:||Acceptable||Subject:||Books on Collecting|
|Special Attributes:||Illustrated||Topic:||Pottery & China|
HERE'S THE RARE ORIGINAL VINTAGE JANUARY 1953 (VOL. 1, NO. 1) SOFTCOVER MAGAZINE "CERAMICS MONTHLY"!
Please Note: This is the very first issue of this magazine, which is quite rare. With this in mind, please see the other issues of this magazine from 1953, 1954, 1955, and 1956 that I have up for auction!
Also, Please Note: This “Ceramics Monthly” contains a 2-page article written by Harding Black about how he creates his copper red glazes – very important information by a very well known Texas studio potter!
And there’s an important 4-page article about the history of Ceramic National Exhibitions and the show’s relationship to Adelaide Alsop Robineau – showing Robineau and numerous examples of her Arts & Crafts era studio pottery, as well as modern studio pottery and enamels by such artists as Mary Scheier, Kenneth Bates, Theodore (Ted) Randall, Edward Winter, Charles Lakofsky, Arthur Eugene Baggs, Elizabeth McFadyen, among others!
Then there’s an important 1-page “profile” article about studio potter Richard Peterson – showing Peterson and providing significant information about this little-known artist!
Published by Professional Publications of Columbus, Ohio, this rare original vintage 32-page January 1953 (Vol. 1, No. 1 – First Issue) "Ceramics Monthly" magazine contains the following primary articles:
2) New & Useful;
4) Opening the Door to Copper Red Glazes – by Harding Black;
5) Contemporary Pottery and High Fire – by Daniel Rhodes;
6) Adelaide Alsop Robineau and the Ceramic National Exhibition;
7) Teaching Teachers Ceramics;
8) Profile: Richard Peterson;
9) Hand-Forming Using a Paddle – by Donald G. Wood;
10) Everyday Tools Make Decorative Patterns in Clay – by Richard Peterson;
11) Dig Your Own Clay – J. Sheldon Carey;
12) Copper Enameled Earrings – by Harold Martin;
14) Garden Ceramics from Drain Tile – by Harold Riegger;
15) Ceramic Organizations;
16) Questions & Answers;
17) Advertisers Index;
18) General Advertising.
Some of the designers, architects, manufacturers, and/or artists whose works are shown and/or discussed in this rare original out-of-print vintage 1953 magazine include but are not limited to:
Harding Black, Theodore (Ted) Randall, Adelaide Alsop Robineau, Edwin and Mary Scheier, Kenneth Bates, Arthur Eugene Baggs, Elizabeth McFayden, Charles Lakofsky, Edward Winter, W. W. Swallow, Richard Peterson, Harold Martin, Anne Chapman, Fong Chow, Philip Secrest, Ruth Wagner, Stephen Polchert, Elena Netherby, among others!
GENERALLY GOOD AND CLEAN MAGAZINE with some rubbing, small bumping, a few very small scuffs and markings on the cover, and there are three (3) large hole punches along the spine area so the magazine could fit in a binder – overall and regardless of the faults mentioned, this is a still decent, tight, and complete rare original vintage 1953 (1st Issue / 1st volume) magazine with a clean interior!
Again, this is the rare original First Issue!
Buyer pays $3.65 shipping.
!!! TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BIDDING ON THIS AUCTION !!!
1) COMMUNICATION FROM THE WINNING BIDDER IS ESSENTIAL -- PLEASE CONTACT ME WITHIN 3 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF THE AUCTION! THANK YOU!
2) THE SHIPPING COST STIPULATED IN THE AUCTION DESCRIPTION IS ONLY FOR DOMESTIC SHIPPING WITHIN THE UNITED STATES.
3) BECAUSE OF TOO MANY PROBLEMS WITH OVERSEAS SHIPMENTS, I NO LONGER ALLOW INTERNATIONAL BIDS ON MY AUCTIONS. SORRY TO ALL OF THE LEGITIMATE BIDDERS WITH WHOM I CAN NO LONGER CREATE POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS.
4) ALL DOMESTIC PACKAGES ARE SHIPPED VIA “USPS” MEDIA MAIL / BOOKRATE WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION UNLESS ANOTHER SHIPPING METHOD IS REQUESTED.
5) AGAIN, NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING. SORRY..
6) ***IMPORTANT*** THE "DELIVERY CONFIRMATION" RECEIPTS AND "PROOF OF MAILING" RECEIPTS ARE MY WAY OF PROVING THAT A PACKAGE HAS BEEN SHIPPED.
7) IF USING PAYPAL, SUCCESSFUL BIDDER “MUST” MAKE PAYMENT WITHIN 5 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF AUCTION UNLESS OTHER ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE WITH THE SELLER. AGAIN, COMMUNICATION WITH THE SELLER IS IMPORTANT!
8) IF SENDING PAYMENT VIA REGULAR MAIL, SUCCESSFUL BIDDER “MUST” MAKE PAYMENT WITHIN 10 DAYS FROM THE CLOSE OF AUCTION UNLESS OTHER ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE WITH THE SELLER. AGAIN, COMMUNICATION WITH THE SELLER IS IMPORTANT!
9) CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS CAN ONLY BE MADE THROUGH PAYPAL.COM
10) IF PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED WITHIN 5 DAYS FOR PAYPAL OR 10 DAYS FOR REGULAR MAIL AND THE SUCCESSFUL BIDDER IS NOT RESPONDING TO THE SELLER'S E-MAIL MESSAGES, THE ITEM IS SUBJECT TO RELISTING OR ANOTHER SALE – AND A “NON-PAYING” BIDDER CLAIM WILL BE FILED.
11) ****FEEDBACK**** I NOW LEAVE FEEDBACK DURING BULK LISTINGS OF FEEDBACK -- PLEASE BE PATIENT AND YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR FEEDBACK -- GUARANTEED! THANK YOU!
12) PLEASE SEE ALL THE ACCOMPANYING IMAGES SHOWN ABOVE FOR A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE BOOK OR OTHER ITEM UP FOR AUCTION!
13) AGAIN, NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING, ESPECIALLY NOT TO ITALY, SOUTH AMERICA, AND MOST OF THE MIDDLE EAST.
14) AS OF MID-1999, AT THE REQUEST OF E-BAY ADMINISTRATION, THE FOLLOWING CLARIFICATION HAS BEEN ADDED TO ALL OF MY AUCTIONS: THE NAMES OF THE DESIGNERS, ARCHITECTS, ARTISTS, SCHOOLS, AND/OR ARTISTIC MOVEMENTS MENTIONED IN THIS AUCTION ARE ALSO AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE BOOK, CATALOG, OR EPHEMERAL ITEM LISTED IN THIS AUCTION!
IN THE EVENT THAT THE ITEM IS AN OBJECT, ALL SUCH NAMES ARE INCLUDED IN THE AUCTION DESCRIPTION TO PROVIDE HISTORICAL AND/OR BIOGRAPHICAL CONTEXT FOR THE ITEM!
LASTLY, SHOULD THE WORD "EAMES" BE USED IN THE SEARCH TITLE, IT IS THERE FOR THE PURPOSE OF REFERENCING THE MID-CENTURY TIME PERIOD OF THE 1940S THROUGH THE 1970S.
15) THIS ITEM IS BEING OFFERED BY DESIGN REFERENCES -- ESTABLISHED BY A FORMER ART MUSEUM CURATOR TURNED BOOKSELLER SPECIALIZING in OUT-OF-PRINT and PERIOD MATERIALS on the PROGRESSIVE IDEAS of MODERNISM and POST-MODERNISM in DECORATIVE ARTS and ARCHITECTURE, INDUSTRIAL and STUDIO ARTS of the 19TH & 20TH CENTURIES.
16) PLEASE -- NO REQUESTS FOR PHOTOCOPIES OF THIS ITEM. I DO NOT MAKE PHOTOCOPIES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
17) AGAIN, COMMUNICATION IS KEY ! IF YOU HAVE SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES INVOLVING YOUR PAYMENT FOR THIS ITEM, PLEASE CONTACT ME AND I WILL WORK WITH YOU -- THANKS!
18) LASTLY -- WHEN OBSTACLES AND PROBLEMS LOOM LARGE AND YOU SEEM TO BE AT A STAND STILL, REMEMBER THAT EVEN A FALTERING STEP FORWARD IS BETTER THAN NO STEP AT ALL.