You are bidding for a collection of 34 unused different (no duplicates) old mainly Trow comic saucy seaside postcards from the 1950s/60s mainly from Brook Publishing most with Trow signature on the front :
- good condition for their age, a mixture of old shop stock (so I assume they are originals) and modern copies, minor edge damage on the odd card
- size 3.5 inches x 5.5 inches approx
- please e-mail me if you require further details
PLEASE SEE MY E-BAY FEEDBACK ON SIMILAR CARDS SOLD
FREE FIRST CLASS POSTAGE WITHIN UNITED KINGDOM AND REDUCED P+P OVERSEAS RATES
Card Nos: 11917,20,22,24,31,32,35,36,39,48,53,56,57,64,65,66,68,69,70,74,78,81,89 plus
12027,34,43,68,71,74,93,106 and 12107
ie 32 in total shown in the photographs (note photos total 35 in number including cards 11951, 12028 and 12105 ('A trip to the Planets? I have just had a lovely view of Ma's', 'My, hasn't he got a lovely packet' and 'How much for a short time') which I no longer have copies of and are not part of the sale). I will also add 2 other similar type but different cards from the various other odd ones I have in my collection to make 34 in total, all different
- sample wording includes :
- I seem to be getting into a rut !
- I would do anything for a lift. Anything ! Hop in
- What good are you if you can't cook ?
- I said 'Close up'!
- It's my little Rosie behind I want photographed
- Have you anything nice in young men's trousers ?
- Magistrate: Why did you hit your dentist - He got on my nerves !
- There are some excellent bargains in this window
- I could tell you were fom Glasgow by your broad 'R's
- Would you like to turn over for me ?
- What a smashing naval display
- Have you a couple of nice hot crumpets ?
- Hi George I have a couple of swell suggestions for producing milk !
- Kiss me ? I didn't know you were that kind ! My dear, I can be even kinder than that !
- Pier Programme 'Stupendous Attractions"
- Go straight home and get into bed and when I'm through this patient I'll be with you !
- Why don't you shoo it away ?
- You had better handle that dame with kid gloves. Why? Well her husband is a fingerprint expert !
- What a lovely stern she has. Yes but a bit large though !
- Do you think you could develop these two for me!
- My husband's a bird watcher-guess what he was getting excited about last night-Blue Tits !
- Nudist Camp: He: 'I am new here and glad to meet you'. She:'Yes, I can see you are'
- If you laid the table Janet, what about this bad egg? 'Never laid a bad egg in my life Ma'am'
- He: 'I think I'll have the blue ones with bows on' She: 'Certainly Sir and can I show you anything further?'
- etc etc
I am also selling a set of 10 similar different comic postcards as per link below :
Payment details :
- Cheque or postal order (from British bidders). I may wait for your cheque to clear before sending your item. This depends on your feedback and the item's value.
Postcards will be sent in board backed envelope
Comes from smoke and pet free home
Note : I can access the Post Office most days a week so cards will be despatched normally within one working day of receipt of payment. I will normally post goods the same day if cleared funds are received by me by noon (8.00am on Saturdays), sometimes posted same day even if funds are received up to one hour before the last post.
Note, unlike most of my sales, I cannot amalgamate postage on these cards as they just fit into the 'LARGE LETTER' category and putting other items together tips them over to the 'PACKET' rate which is double the postage
Please study photograph (taken from angle to avoid flash showing). I do my best to describe the items accurately If you do have any problem whatsoever with the item received, please contact me before placing your feedback., You can buy with confidence, please see my feedback record.
E-Bay rules require that the buyer and seller contact each other within 3 working days after the auction closes.
Please pay for your item within 7 days. Thank you.
If you are unable to comply with these simple conditions please do not bid.
Thanks for looking.