Welcome to the chateau......brimming with divine shabby chic vintage French treasures
MAGNIFICENT BATCH ANTIQUE FRENCH VELLUM DEED MANUSCRIPTS DATED 1592 HUGE PAGES
Please scroll down for more pictures.
This is an amazing batch of large antique French manuscripts dated 1592. Bound together with old waxed twine they come with chateau provenance and I will be happy to furnish the new owner with the details. I have left them just as I found them bound together at the bottom left hand corner - I simply could not bear to separate them after all these years!!
All are in amazing condition for their 420 years of age!! Henri IV was on the throne. I think they all refer to a land and property aquisition and it looks as if the documents at the back of the batch are the oldest.
I will list each document in order: The earliest date I can find is 1592 and some of them have later amendments in tiny lettering.
1. A 9 page vellum book. Very very old tea coloured thick vellum with sepia ink scrolled script on all sides. There is a tiny amendment in black lettering on the front page dated 1613. The last page has some amazing signatures and a date 1593. The pages measure 11.5" x 8.5" All bound together with twine.
2. A large vellum page that opens out to measure 18" x 12". Full script on the inner pages and signatures and script on one half of the reverse.
3. As above that opens out to measure 17" x 13". Fabulous old tea colour waxed vellum. Signatures and script on the reverse sides too.
4. A 3 page pale vellum maunscript 13" x 10".Wonderful clear fine script and a date of 1593.
5. As above that opens out to measure ,21" x 14". Pale script on the reverse sides and full script on the inner sides.
6. As above that opens out to measure 19" x 12" Again small pale script annotations on the reverse and full script on the inner side
A stunning display piece and perhaps pages for framing? Lots of photographs below.
Belle brocante chic from simply-chateau!
PLEASE SEE MY BLOG FOR THE LATEST NEWS FROM THE CHATEAU
simply-chateau....at home in a tiny Normandie chateau whilst truffling for scrumptious vintage French shabby chic treasures.
Please check out my other items and add me to your favourites list to discover more simply gorgeous vintage French treasures from simply-chateau!
Please take a few moments to read my "About me" page for our latest news on our blogspot!
Registered as a Business in France, SIRET No: 51207202600010
Mme S Wells, Le Petit Chateau, Le Breuil, 50250 Houtteville, France.
Payment by paypal is preferred.
POSTAGE by airmail
UK /Europe £6.00
ALL OTHER WORLDWIDE DESTINATIONS- £7.00
For postage within France please email for a quote.
I always try to despatch your parcel as soon as payment is received. The French postal service is usually reliable but can be frustratingly slow at times. Should a parcel seem to be taking a long time to reach its destination I will always help you to track it`s progress, but, when leaving feedback ratings , particularly regarding despatch times, please remember that delays caused by the postal service, whether in France or elsewhere, are out of my control.
I am happy to ship two or more purchases together to reduce postage costs.
I offer a 10% shipping discount for combined items and sometimes larger items can be shipped at a better rate by courier from the UK...please ask for details.