|Country:||United States||Property Type:||Land|
|Location:||New York State||Plot Area (m²):||229456.8|
|Sort By:||For Sale||Private / Estate agent:||Estate Agent|
|Radius:||Within 2000 miles|
I am a retired U.S. Army Infantryman.
We reside overseas and have made the difficult decision to stay in the UK.
In preparation to move back to the States we bought a piece of land that matches our desire for a homestead lifestyle.
It took us two years to find the perfect piece of land.
This property would be a perfect place for a holiday home. Being close to the Canadian Border allows for a British Citizen a great deal of flexibility.
It is now up for sale. You can see the info on it at. http://www.nnymls.com/view-detail.asp?sid=26035479
Like I said it took us two years of searching to find it.
We chose it for many reasons. The location is one of the things we looked at. It provides the highest amount of options.
1. Close enough the Canada to allow for flexibility. My wife and children are British, so can get medical treatment over there with some proper planning.
2. The mix of terrain and available water allows for successfully having a homestead. Plenty of pasture and tillable ground. Plenty of hardwood for stoves (18 Acres of woods). A watercourse on the rear boundary of the property that has fish and crayfish in it.
3. I have a few buddies still in stationed at Ft. Drum and they have hunted the land with great success. If you look closely there is a deer in one of the photos.
4. It is situated on a county maintained road that is plowed in the winter, yet far enough out of the way that you can relax in peace. Take a careful look at the location. We chose it to get the best chance of a chilled existence with the peace of being out of the way.
5. The amount of local lakes as well as Lake Ontario provide significant benefits.
6. The planning laws are very different than in the UK. This property is zoned as residential / agricultural. What this means is that unless you wish to change the classification of the land. You do not need to ask permission to build upon it. As long as any domicile meets the New York Building standards you are good to go. You can look those up online. You can build as much as you like on the land. You want four houses for your extended family? No worries. You can do that if you wish. No requirement to ask permission.
7. There is electric service of the road fronting the property.
8. For water you will need to have a well drilled. This does not cost a great deal.
9. For waste you will need to have a Septic System with a leach field installed for every house. Once again not a huge cost.
10. While I will be very pleased to hear from anyone that is interested in the property and a very happy to provide any information. We have priced this property fairly. The asking price is in line with the value of the property. As a matter of fact it is a bit low when you take into account that this property has every single requirement for a sizable homestead. That being said. The property tax burden on this is less than $100 a month. We are prepared to sit on the property for as long as it take to sell it. What that means is that we are not desperate to sell it. So please no embarrassingly low offers. We will not even bother to reply.
Please feel free to ask questions. If you are interested then please contact my Estate Agent who's details are on the listing at the link above.
Ok..... Enough of the sales brochure.
Our reason for the sale is genuine. We decided to stay here in the UK and live on a boat.
Here is the link on google maps to the location of the property.
Here are the links to the current Tax Info on the property.
Township Tax -
School Tax -