This high efficiency waterproof 80W 12V monocrystalline solar panel is perfect for permanent outdoor use to provide free electricity for charging a 12V battery to power various devices for many applications such as in a camper van, boat, shed or farm. It's fitted with 2x5m of cable specially designed for solar panels to carry high currents with negligible power loss. The cable also comes with waterproof MC4 connectors which can be used for easy connectivity (when wiring to the solar controller you can just cut them off and use bare wires).
The long-lasting, high-efficiency monocrystalline BOSCH solar cells and the tough, sealed, aluminium frame will give you years and years of consistent, free power. Waterproof design ensures the panel can be used in all weather conditions.
Solar panel characteristics:
- Peak power: 80W
- Maximum power voltage: 17.5V
- Maximum power current: 4.44A
- Open circuit voltage: 21.6V
- Short circuit current: 4.8A
- Power allowance range: +/- 3%
- Dimensions: 67 x 87 x 3 cm
- Weight: 9.5 kg
- 4 mounting holes for ease of installation
- 2x5m of high quality single core solar cable 2.5mm cross section
- Male and female MC4 connectors attached (can be cut off when wiring to the solar controller)
The following solar charge controller* is included with the panel:
*Please note that due to our warehouse arrangements this item might be shipped from a different warehouse so it might be delivered in a separate package
This high quality, brand new powerful 10A 12V/24V solar charge controller is designed to protect batteries whilst charging them, having automatic cut off to prevent over-charging and deep discharge. The controller uses PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) technology which increases charge acceptance and prolongs the life of your battery. Often PWM technology can recover some lost battery capacity.
This solar controller stops reverse current at night (from the battery back to the solar panel) so your battery won't lose any charge. It has many other protection functions such as over charge / discharge, over load, short circuit, overheating etc. Other features of this controller include LED indicators, temperature sensor, battery type switch and load "on/off" button. One of the greatest benefits of this powerful 10A controller is the small size - only 14x7cm.
This controller can work with sealed, gel and flooded batteries compared to simpler controllers which can only work with one battery type. The controller can handle up to 160W of solar panels, so if you want to increase your system in the future you will be able to add another 80W solar panel to your existing 80W panel - no need to buy a new controller.
This solar controller is not waterproof and should be used indoors.
Charge controller specifications:
- Rated current 10A
- Fully automated operation and auto 12/24V selection
- Wide solar input voltage range up to 50V
- 3 pairs of terminals (input, battery, output)
- LEDs to indicate charging, battery and load
- Temperature sensor for automatic compensation (-30mV/C/12V)
- Over load protection (1.25 times of rated current for 60 sec, 1.5 times of rated current for 5 sec)
- Short circuit protection (3.5 times of rated current)
- Over charge / discharge, overheating and other protection features
- Self-consumption: 6mA max
- Working temperature: -35C to +55C
- Terminals for wire up to 6mm2
- Size: 14 x 6.5 x 3.5 cm
- Weight: 140 g
- Multiple mounting holes for ease of installation
The controller is packaged in a colour carton box and comes with a detailed user manual.
If you have any questions about these items or you need our free advice please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
please do not choose "Credit Cards" as a method of payment on eBay (it won't work as eBay doesn't process card payments automatically and assumes you'd go to the seller to process card payment); select "Pay Pal" first, then when Pay Pal asks you to enter login / password information go to the bottom of the page and select "I don't have a Pay Pal account". After that you will be redirected to a Pay Pal page where you can pay by your credit / debit card. In case of any problems with the payment please contact us via our email and we will send you an invoice with the link to pay online securely by your card. If you would like to pay via bank transfer we'll supply our bank details.
- We accept Pay Pal, cheques, credit and debit cards. FOR CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD PAYMENTS:
- If you are located in the UK you can normally expect the item to arrive within 2-3 business days after dispatch; for other countries it's usually 5-7 business days after dispatch. Please note: customers in the following UK areas will be asked to pay £12 extra shipping charge: Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Isle of Scilly, Channel Islands. Non-mainland European customers (Malta, Cyprus, Balearic Islands etc) will be asked to pay £15-£30 extra shipping charge in addition to standard European charge depending on the destination - please ask for a quote in advance. Please do ensure your address is correct.
Please note that due to our warehouse arrangements we might dispatch solar controllers separately from solar panels.
- We use bubble wrap, polystyrene or robust cardboard to protect the items from damage on its way to you. We often attach a red sticker "Fragile" to make sure your item is handled with care.
- These products are covered by 1 year warranty. Solar cells are guaranteed to produce at least 90% of nominal power in 10 years and 80% of nominal power in 25 years. In addition, if there's any problem with the item or you change your mind in the first 14 days after receipt of the item we will be happy to either replace it or refund your payment. To be eligible for a refund / replacement, you need to notify us via email / phone within 14 days of receipt that you intend to return the item, request the return address and send the item back within further 7 days at your cost. Please do ensure we receive the item in the same perfect condition and confirm it has not been fitted / used. If there's a problem please let us know immediately.