'95 Patt "Bergen" Rucksack, Longback - COMPLETE
If you look at the famous picture of Andy McNab in his book "Bravo Two Zero" you'll see him standing next to an older version (green) of this Rucksack. That said, although this rucksack is genuine issue to SAS, Paras and Marines, it's also standard issue to Infantry. This is a convoluted longback: at the time of manufacture (1996), an experimental version.
This listing consists of the following items:
- 1x Longback Rucksack
- 2x Side Pouches
- 1x Yoke, Side Pouches
- 2x Yoke Support Straps
- 120 litre overall capacity
- Fully adjustable quick release closure straps
- Double height
- Fast adjustable thick padded shoulder straps
- Detachable Side Pouches
- (NEW) Yoke & Support Straps to convert Side Pouches into a Daysack
- Fast adjustable quick release hip belt
- Fast adjustable straps for pulling top of rucksack closer to body (reduces fatigue)
- Compression Straps for stabilising loads
- Covered, zipped front pouch that will accept Mess Tins / Waterbottle
- External lid pocket for items that require quick access (codebooks, maps, torches, etc)
- Internal lid pocket (zip closure)
- PALS type loops (PLCE WB, Molle, Osprey) for attaching additional pouches
- Accessory loops for attaching external items
- Grab handle
- All zips are 100% fully functional, correct YKK heavy duty zips
- Genuine issue item
- British DPM camouflage scheme
- Internal frame
- I've only just noticed that it's been rigger customised to fit PLCE Waterbottle pouches at the front top, under the lid. These loops will accept Molle pouches as well as Osprey. I shall shoot some demo pics in the week.
- The Yoke is NEW and has had elastics rigger sewn on so that the wearer can attach natural camouflage (grass, etc).
- The Yoke Support Straps are rigger shortened. From stores, the issue items are ridiculously long, ALWAYS requiring taping up or cutting.
Longback is officially designated for personnel of 5'11" or taller height. In practice, a person of 5'7" would usually find this more comfortable than a shortback - IF THEY ARE NOT WEARING PLCE CEFO.
If you're WELL below average height and need an PLCE Infantry rucksack, I'd recommend a shortback. Getting the height right is important if you intend to carry heavy loads or run with a rucksack.
If you're training to join a Paras or Marines reserve unit, you'd do well to get an issue infantry rucksack and start training appropriately.
Item weighs 3.7Kg without packing and would have to be mailed as a medium parcel, if sent by Royal Mail. If you can find a cheaper secure shipping means, I'll definitely consider that and update the shipping value.
Shipping to EU is £15.95 (insured), USA and Canada £23.25 (insured), Australia, New Zealand and elsewhere is £24.30 insured. (Please contact me PRIOR to bidding if you are NOT from UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand: there are many countries to which I will not be able to mail.)
I expect to relocate to London at short notice around or soon after the 3rd week of June. Until then, I shall continue to list new items and automatically relist unsold items as I have been doing.
What doesn't sell will be returned to storage boxes stored in BW and offered for sale once I've fully established myself in London, if not donated to charity shops. This might take a good few months.
As soon as I have a date of relocation, I may have to end listings that have no bids. It might well pay to place a minimum bid early if you intend to make a bidsnipe, if only to keep the auction active.
Please read my terms and conditions before bidding:
Terms & Conditions:
- Only bid if you intend to pay for the item.
- Payment within 3 days, please. If you need more time, (it happens sometimes) contact me before bidding - or asap otherwise.
- I combine shipping but won't know that you intend to bid on other items if you don't advise me. Ignore the "each additional" item in the postage checkout, if it appears: I'll weigh your combined items and issue an accurate total shipping cost.
- Postage is by cheapest secure mail. I do not charge for packing materials because I recycle packing materials.
- I'll consider shipping overseas - but please contact me prior to bidding so that I can quote you shipping price. I will not ail to countries that Royal Mail don't offer at least a sign for service. (Otherwise, I can perhaps mail by FedEx, DHL, etc.)
On 03-Jun-14 at 20:30:07 BST, seller added the following information:
MyHermes signed for service is approximately £6.50 so I'll opt to use them unless you can find a cheaper secure alternative. I've added the service to the delivery options.
On 07-Jun-14 at 19:47:33 BST, seller added the following information:
1) There are three repair patches on the snowlock (see last picture). This doesn't affect the serviceability of the rucksack but I mention it for clarity.
I've contacted the leading bidders to advise them of this and have offered to withdraw their bids. I'll have to assume that bids received AFTER this revision are from bidders who've read this revision.
2) Side Pockets: the dangling waistbelt straps have been neatly removed. (see picture of "daysack" on grass)
I've added some pics of what the rucksack looks like with PLCE Waterbottle Pouches fitted and how they (and also Molle / Osprey) pouches fit to the PALS type loops. 90 Patt PLCE (green) Waterbottle Pouches and 95 Patt PLCE (DPM) Waterbottle Pouches AND Utility Pouches can be user fitted/removed quickly without further modification. The rucksack closure straps keep the pouches from bouncing when tabbing. Note: Molle / Osprey pouches can slide along the loops, if fitted singly.
NONE of the pouches mentioned above and in these DEMO pics are included in this sale.