Details about ALLOY WHEEL PROTECTORS SILVER RIMBLADES SET OF 4 UP TO 22"See original listing
02 Aug, 2012 22:03:29 BST
Chester, United Kingdom
Alloy Wheel Protectors (Rimblades)
Set of 4 for up to 22" Wheels
Brand new product that is taking the car industry by storm.
- Protect your alloy wheels from kerb damage
Cheaper than refurbishing just one damaged wheel
- Cover up existing damage
- Use for styling (range of colours available)
- Universal, easy fitment up to 22" alloy wheels (fits over 95% of wheels)
Our universal fitting alloy wheel rim protectors are manufactured from a length of tough, flexible and shock absorbent material and have undergone full digital stress and performance testing. Our unique registered design (patent pending) absorbs slow speed kerb impact protecting the outside edge of your rims, the bit that really matters and look unsightly when damaged. Rimblades can be used to prevent damage from occurring to new wheels or to cover up existing damage making older damaged wheels look new again.
Rimblades are fitted using the best quality Very High Bond (VHB) double sided acrylic foam tape available from 3M for an effortless and lasting bond that can also be removed easily leaving no damage to the wheel surface. The shape of the Rimblades design curves around the edge of the double sided tape to protect it.
The Rimblade’s design is both innovative and easy to use. A lip on the rear side acts as a fitting guide. Simply place around the very edge of the wheel for a perfect fit – all the way around the alloy.
Our unique design shape will conform to fit virtually all shapes of alloy wheels including those with a flat or square face and those with a raised outer lip or a curved profile. There are a few aftermarket wheel designs available that have raised spokes extending to the lip and we suggest you check first before you buy.
1. Wash & dry wheels. Thoroughly remove any wheel cleaner and tyre spray residue. Any silicon based products left on wheels will stop Rimblades adhesion.
2. Use the alcohol (IPA) wipes to thoroughly remove all grease from wheel rims. Ensure that top and face surfaces are cleaned.
3. Using the primer wipes provided throughly coat the wheel rim and inner surface of the Rimblades profile. It is most important that complete coverage is obtained. Drying time is 1 to 5 minutes depending on air temperature.
4. Apply the double sided tape to the wheel rim. Ensure the tape sits over the top edge of the wheel. You are aiming to get the tape on both the top and face surfaces of the rim. Cut where it meets, but do not overlap.
5. Apply the Rimblades to the wheels. Remove backing tape and start away from where tape joins. Push the Rimblades onto the tape evenly all the way round the wheel rim with firm equal pressure.
6. Overlap the ends by around 0.5mm and then carefully mark and cut where 2 ends meet. A cut an an angle of around 10 degrees diagonally in towards the Rimblade and the centre of the wheel will stop any gap between the two ends.
7. Overlap the ends by around 0.5mm and then carefully mark and cut where 2 ends meet. A cut an an angle of around 10 degrees diagonally in towards the Rimblade and the centre of the wheel will stop any gap between the two ends.
If outside temperature is below 15C - keep Rimblades inside until fitting and then gently heat tape/plastic with a hair dryer while fitting to achieve maximum adhesion.
Rimblades need to be fitted at a minimum temperature of 15 degrees C. Room temperature of 21 degrees C is the perfect fitting condition. Do not fit in cold or freezing conditions. Initial tape bond strength is 50% after 20 minutes, 90% bond will be reached after 24 hours and 100% after one week. We do not recommend motorway/highway speeds in the first 24 hours after fitting. Rimblades and the high quality tape can be easily removed leaving no marks or damage to your wheels. Important The Rimblades product has been thoroughly tested and should protect the surface of your alloy wheels. Please inspect your Rimblades after collision with a kerb and replace if necessary. Rimblades will need to be replaced after a tyre change. Balance weights should be fitted inside the rim as they will interfere with Rimblades if mounted on the lip. We do not recommend the use of high power jet washers on wheels fitted with Rimblades.
Return policy details