ANTIQUE PORCELAIN PLAQUE KPM DAMSEL BROOCH HAND PAINTED
Be sure to visit our other auctions for more vintage and antique items! Visit our store: Ellis Antiques !
We have been fortunate to obtain an estate that featured a wall full of antique German and French porcelain plaques in varying size, form and painting. Can you imagine how beautiful that must have looked? We will be offering them on our Ebay store. Please check our other listings to see them.
This lovely antique porcelain portrait plaque brooch pin is painted in the tradition of the early master European painters. Features amazing detail in this portrait of the very contented lovely royalty/ princess/ damsel / lady. Painted as the European 19th century vision of Medieval era clothing. Features a green dress, and a great hair design with a striped colorful folded head piece. She has a daisy flower in her hair. Black background.
High quality hand painted German porcelain plaque gilt gold finish spelter metal oval mount brooch, is circa 1840-1860. Bezel is detailed with twists and flower embellishments. This is attributed to the Berlin KPM factory. The detail to the face and hair is great. The colors are very strong and incredibly life like.
Framed in its original gilt gold spelter / gold filled bezel with a a newer updated clasp.
Porcelain is impressed 85 on the back.There is no makers mark but this is the quality of KPM Berlin or similar.
Pin measures overall approximately 2 3/4" high by 2 " wide.
Condition to both bezel and plaque is excellent. There are a few scratches mostly on the bottom half, and few white dot specs scattered. Remember, We look at this with bright light and magnification using a jewelers loupe
This is a magnificent piece of German porcelain painting in wearable form, the winning bidder will not be disappointed.
Shipping insurance is included.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US 856-854-6346
Come visit our beautiful store in historic Collingswood, NJ!
Why Should You Buy From Ellis Antiques?
1. Generational business starting 1921.
2. Over 40 years combined experience in antiques & jewelry
3. Family run business
4. Great individual service - accommodating and helpful to any questions or concerns.
6. We take pride in our quick processing, and great care in packaging our antique items to insure their safe arrival.
7. We have a wonderful selection of inumerable items, from many different era's and in many different styles. We take our time carefully researching and listing each object with the greatest amount of detail and reference.
8. We value your business and hope to facilitate an enjoyable and pleasant retail experience!
9. We have been on the internet since 1998, with a brick & mortar storefront in historic Collingswood NJ since 1992 that you can visit! Access the "Me" page for more information on where we are located.
10. We repair costume jewelry in house. If a part falls out or breaks, you can send it back and we will repair it.
11. Questions on any items? Just give us a call, the phones are always live.
DOMESTIC: US SHIPPING
- Credit card transactions are accepted through PayPal for Domestic Buyers.
- Buyer to pay all shipping charges. A minimum handling fee of $3.00 to $4.00 is included in stated shipping cost. Excessively large & or heavy items are subject to additional packaging handling charges.
- Delivery Confirmation is included for domestic packages, free of charge!
- We rely on USPS & Fedex for domestic shipping, therefore shipping times vary.
- Fedex is less expensive for heavy/bulky items delivered to further zones from NJ. Delivery can take longer since there are limitations on pick up times.
- We generally ship items on Wednesday and Friday of every week.
- Other shipping options are available including express shipping; please contact us for more info.
- PAYPAL is accepted
- A minimum handling fee of $5.00 is included in stated shipping cost. Excessively large & or heavy items are subject to additional packaging handling charges.
- International Buyers Please Note:
Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.
- These charges are normally collected by the delivering shipping company or when you pick the item up do not confuse them for additional shipping charges. We do not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as gifts
US and International government regulations prohibit such behavior
- If there are any discrepancies between photos and text, please email before purchasing or bidding. We represent items the best way possible with detailed images and all photos are representative of the text.
- We represent each and every item to the best of our professional ability, with 40+ years experience. If an item is unsigned, your bidding on this item is an agreement and acceptance of our terms and reference to makers. If you have questions please inquire during this auction. We will be happy to answer any inquiries.
- If the winning bidder does not respond within 7 days after the end of the auction, we reserve the right to sell the lot to another party, void the sale or re-list the item. An Unpaid Item Reminder warning will be filed after 7 days if we don't hear from or receive payment from the winning bidder.
- Please feel free to contact us with any questions; we try to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours!
- We try to describe each item as accurately as possible or will have enough photos to show condition. There are no returns for buyers remorse. Returns are only accepted for errors in description.
- Non disclosure of a manufacturing defect, firing flaw, ping, craze line, or something small which we deem unimportant on anything we sell is not considered by us to be a misrepresentation of condition. These conditions can possibly exist in pieces we represent to be in excellent condition. If we neglect to describe something we feel is insignificant, we will not accept the item back. We sell antiques & collectibles & due to their nature, they are rarely perfect!
- If we accept your return, we will issue a refund upon receipt of your item provided that it is returned in its original packaging & is in the same condition as it was when it was sent. We will not refund return shipping fees unless we sent you an incorrect item.