The above box image is shown for illustration purposes only and will not be supplied with your order. You will receive your CD in a protective sleeve and mailer.
Art of Illusion is a software package used for 3D modeling, texturing, ray tracing, and otherwise rendering computer generated imagery stills or animations (movies).
The goal of Art of Illusion is to provide powerful 3D modeling tools with a user interface that improves on those found in other 3D software packages. Though its interface is simple, Art of Illusion contains many features found in high-end commercial graphics software. Some of its features, like the use of online repositories and a built-in downloading tool for installing extensions, are not found in similar proprietary software.
- Object list, scene layout windows, and animation score
- Tooltips and explanatory icons
- Bundled documentation and help interface
- Built-in "live help" chat client for connecting to the Art of Illusion support network
- Extensions available as scripts or plugins with automated installation and update from online repository (requires internet connection)
- Grid view and realtime display modes including Wireframe, Smooth, Textured.
- Primitives: cube, sphere, cone, tube, curve, triangle mesh, spline mesh
- Boolean modeling operations
- Lathe, sweep, extrude (straight or along a curve)
- Subdivision surfaces (smoothing) with edge creasing available for triangle meshes.
- Mesh editor featuring adjustable mesh tension, bevel, taper, various selection methods (including select edge loop/strip), etc.
- Object array tool (multidimensional arrays or arrays along a curve)
- Isosurface modeling (via procedural nodes or direct numeric input)
- Distortion tracks for effects like bend, twist, and shatter
- Skeletal animation with weighting, constraints and inverse kinematics
- Poses and Gestures
- Keyframe editor with interpolating curves
- Path animation
- Animation through scripted objects, e.g. particles using Particle Jet script
- Types: Uniform, image mapped, procedural 2D and 3D
- Mapping options: Projection, spherical, cylindrical, UV
- Per-vertex, per-face and per-face-per-vertex texture assignment (depending on textured object)
- Layered textures
- Graphical language for procedural texture/material design
- Procedural textures can be based on parameters like view angle (for fresnel-like effects), etc.
- Animateable textures via texture parameters and use of Time module
- Environment background can be mapped with any photo (HDR or RGB), as well as procedural textures
- Procedural and uniform materials
- Adjustable index of refraction, scattering, eccentricity
- Animatable materials via Time module
- Global illumination rendering, along with caustics and subsurface scattering
- Global illumination methods: Monte carlo, photon mapping with final gathering, direct photon mapping, and ambient occlusion
- Light types: Point lights, spotlights (both with editable radii), and directional lights
- Soft shadows
- Light scattering for materials: Both Single Scattering and Photon Scattering (BSSRDF). User can specify either or both at rendertime.
- Raytraced depth of field
- Gloss/translucency (blurred reflections and blurry transparency)
- Motion blur
- HDRI scene illumination
- Save renders as HDRI images
- Camera filters (Exposure Correction, Glow, Outline, Tint, Blur, etc.)
- Noise reduction for Global Illumination
- Scripting language (Beanshell) allowing development of new tools/commands
- Dynamic Scripts
- 3D Import: .obj natively; .dem, .dxf, .geo, .lwo, .pov, .inc, .3ds via plugins
- 2D Import via scripts: .ai, .svg
- 3D Export: .pov, .obj, VRML, all native; .stl via plugin
- 2D Export/Save: .jpg, .bmp, .png, .tif, .hdr, all native; .svg via plugin
Extended Functionality Through Scripts and Plugins
- Direct-to-disk rendering using presets like "Letter," "A4," with DPI and Bleed settings (Advanced Rendering plugin)
- Wireframe/polygon renders with antialiasing and SVG export (Vector Renderer plugin)
- Preview renders in sidebar (Preview Plugin)
- Subdivision (Ngon) modeler with tools for both open- and closed-mesh modeling and support for Catmull-Clark subdivision surfaces (Polymesh Editor plugin)
- ABF+ UV unwrapping available through Polymesh Editor plugin
- Procedural tree and plant creator (Tree and Plant Designer plugin)
- Other major features provided through script or plugin extensions such as: 3D text, mesh thickening, platonic solids, sculpt, fractal/image-based heightfields, hair, grunge, and more
Professionally Produced CD/DVD
You will receive a professionally produced and colour-printed CD or DVD in a protective sleeve and sturdy cardboard mailer. We have produced a custom autorun menu to assist you with the easy installation of your new software. To begin, simply insert the disc into your computer and the menu will begin after a short moment. The box image used is for illustration purposes only.
Full email support is included with every purchase. In the unlikely event that you encounter any problems either with the installation or with the use of your purchase, please contact us before leaving feedback so out support team can resolve the issue to your satisfaction. Your item is fully protected by our 14 day refund policy and we will offer prompt replacements if your item does not arrive or arrives damaged. Please contact us and we will do our very best to help you. Your satisfaction is guaranteed!
This CD-ROM is compatible with the following operating systems:
Our Promises to You
- Full 14 day refund policy - any item, any reason, no quibbles.
- Item lost in the post or damaged on arrival? Let us know for a prompt replacement!
- Full customer support on all items.
- Download service available if required at no extra cost.
- Worldwide shipping.
- Friendly, helpful service.
We take pride in our fast order shipping. Your order is delivered by Royal Mail, to the address you give during the order process. We are based in the United Kingdom, so a domestic order will usually arrive in 3-5 working days. International orders can take longer, dependent on destination. If your item does not arrive after a reasonable time, please contact us and we will gladly send a replacement at no cost to you. Please note that once an item is sent we no longer have control over the delivery. We always dispatch items quickly but occasionally they do go missing and it is no fault of our own. Please consider this when contacting us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I receive a boxed product as shown in the picture?
The box image is for illustration purposes only. You will receive a CD or DVD-ROM in a protective mailer. We produce all of our products to the highest standard. If you have already received your item and you are not happy, please contact us via eBay messages and we will gladly help you.
Do you offer customer support?
Yes, we offer full customer support for all our products. If you do encounter any problems during the installation or use of your purchase, simply contact us via eBay messages and we will endeavour to resolve the situation for you.
What is the condition of the item? Will I receive a sealed product?
All of our items are brand new. Discs are shipped in a cardboard CD/DVD mailer, and the disc itself is contained in a clear plastic or windowed-paper wallet. The wallets aren't sealed, but the cardboard mailer is.
Do you offer postage or shipping discounts?
Shipping and postage is free to all domestic customers. Our international customers should see below for our international shipping rates. If you make an international order for 5 or more items we will be able to offer further discounts so please request an invoice after your order.
Do you have refund policy?
We have a 14-day no quibble, whatever-the-reason, full refund policy. In the unlikely event that you're not satisfied for whatever reason, simply request a refund via the eBay messaging system and we will process the return request quickly. We simply ask that you return the item in a saleable condition.
My item is not working correctly. What should I do?
All items are tested for integrity prior to shipping, and are properly packed for prompt delivery. Still, the occasional dud can slip through the net - so if you think you've received a duffer, simply let us know via eBay messages and we'll send out another copy pronto!
I am unhappy with my item. What should I do?
If you are unhappy at all with any of our products please avoid leaving negative feedback and ratings and instead contact us through eBay messages. With our prompt and effective customer support, along with our no-questions-asked refund policy, there's really no reason why you can't be completely happy with our transaction! Whatever the problem, please do get in touch!
Are your products available as a download?
Yes we have a download service. This is by request only, but of course we can accommodate. You'll still receive your physical copy (eBay rules), but to request a download, simply get in touch via eBay messages. This option may be of particular interest to international customers as it'll (hopefully) be much faster than waiting for the delivery!
My item has not arrived yet. What should I do?
Domestic orders should not take any longer than 7 days to arrive, although this can be exceeded in the event of strikes, inclement weather, Christmas, etc. Orders from outside the UK may take up to 14 working days although this varies by destination. If your item has not arrived in good time, please contact us and we will send you a replacement at no extra cost. If you need your item quickly please contact us and we can send you a download to use while you wait for delivery.
Can I install and use the software on more than one computer?
Yes, you may install the software on any number of home or office computers.
Is the software a full program and not a trial? Do I have to pay for updates?
All of our products are full installations; we do not sell trial versions. Future updates are included in the price.
Will I receive a book or printed manual with my CD-ROM?
If included, manuals are included in PDF format on your disc, and are available from the autorun menu. A PDF reader will also be available in the event that there isn't one already installed on your system. You can print the manual from the PDF reader if a hard copy is required.
Is this item compatible with Windows 7?
Yes, all of our products are Windows 7 compatible.
This item is copyrighted. Any reproduction, duplication or resale of this item is strictly prohibited. The individual software installers and screenshots are released under the GNU GPL or similar. The licenses are available on the CD-ROM and by request. All other images, items, box image, autorun menus and designs are copyrighted and contain our protected IP.
Copyright © 2012 SF Software Solutions