Details about Ancient Early Greek Long Needle-Barbed Arrowhead (still sharp!) 800-500 BCSee original listing
24 Nov, 2013 04:20:33 GMT
Approximately £49.53(including postage)
[ 1 bid ]
default, default, Singapore
About The Greek Jewelry
Ancient Greece was an ancient civilization belonging to a period of Greek history that lasted from the Archaic period of the 8th to 6th centuries BC to the end of antiquity (ca. 600 AD). Immediately following this period was the beginning of the Early Middle Ages and the Byzantine era. Included in Ancient Greece is the period of Classical Greece, which flourished during the 5th to 4th centuries BC. Classical Greece began with the repelling of a Persian invasion by Athenian leadership. Because of conquests by Alexander the Great, Hellenistic civilization flourished from Central Asia to the western end of the Mediterranean Sea.
Classical Greek culture, especially philosophy, had a powerful influence on the Roman Empire, which carried a version of it to many parts of the Mediterranean region and Europe, for which reason Classical Greece is generally considered to be the seminal culture which provided the foundation of modern Western culture
About This Ring
This is a remarkable example of an ancient Early Greek needle-barbed arrowhead, dating 800-500 BC. The quality and preservation condition is of the finest possible level with this arrowhead showing both barbs intact, a full tang, dense bronze metal and an exceptional turquoise and earthen mineral patina. VERY RARELY are the tiny thin barbs BOTH complete and intact as this one shows. An arrowhead like this would have been employed against lightly armoured enemies, the narrow point being able to penetrate soft armour while the barbs inflicting secondary wounds if removed. Removing it from the body would have even been more damaging than the initial impact. Rarely do the delicate details of a metal barb like this survive intact as shown in these pictures.
Dated – 800-500 BC
Height from top to bottom – 173 mm
Condition – Very Fine
Region of Ancient Origin – Greece
Terms & Conditions:
Upon bidding, winning a bid and purchasing an item, Buyers agree to the following:
· Physical Stats: Buyers agree to be responsible for the acknowledgement of item’s size and the physical stats provided clearly in the ‘Additional Information’ below.
· Authenticity: All items are unconditionally guaranteed to be authentic as described. We are American Numismatic Association (ANA) – Money Museum members. All items of antiquity in the INTAGLIA eBay store are supervised by and in support by the Israeli Antiquity Authority (IAA).
· Certificates of Authenticity (C.O.A): Certificates of Authenticity will be provided for and shipped along with each item purchased, upon request.
· Photographs of Items: All photographs of the items listed in the INTAGLIA eBay store are taken in macro (close-up) setting to provide our buyers with a detailed perspective into each item. All images are original have not been altered and do not convey a false or misleading impression.
· Payments: We accept PayPal. All payments must be received within 3 working days after auction has ended. Non-paying bidders will be reported to eBay after 3 days in order to recover money lost on listing fees. No Sales Tax/VAT will be charged by us.
· Shipping: We send all item registered, and signed for. All items are securely packed in waterproof zip-lock bags and are placed securely into bubble-protective envelopes to ensure all items arrive safely and in excellent condition. We are not responsible for customs delays/duties and loss of item upon parcel registration and delivery.
· Combined Shipping: Promotional rates are applied for combined shipping for 2 or more items. A maximum of 5 items will be shipped at a time (i.e.: per shipment).
· Buyer’s Remorse: INTAGLIA is not responsible for buyer’s remorse or any claimed misconceptions once the buyer has placed a bid, won their bid on, and/or purchased the item.“We value all our customers and would love to assist and answer any queries you may have for us. Please do not hesitate to contact us before taking any further actions, so we may be of best assistance to you as soon and as effectively as possible. Thank you.”