Details about Antique Art Deco Train Case Suitcase Vanity Grooming Set Toiletry Dresser DuplexSee original listing
“Typical scuffs on case. Broken comb. One container missing lid. Please read entire description.”
19 May, 2014 00:52:14 BST
Approximately £328.53(including postage)
Oakland, California, United States
1/1Feedback on our suggestions
An item that has been previously used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller notes:||“Typical scuffs on case. Broken comb. One container missing lid. Please read entire description.”|
|Country of Manufacture:||Germany|
For your consideration is this exceptional and lovely Art Deco fitted train case that dates to the 1920s. The suitcase is covered in light brown leather and lined with iridescent beige fabric that was made to look like silk or wood grain. It has several compartments, the top one being sort of a portable vanity that makes a table for ease of use. The middle part lifts up to display a mirror. There is an compartment on each side which folds out. The one on the right is lined is meant to house jewelry. The compartment on the left, with the pair of crystal bottles, is meant for perfume and cosmetics. When all this is latched back in place you can open the lower section which is meant for your clothes. The accessories are made of amber colored lucite. Inside there is a tag that reads "Duplex Case, Patented May 20, 1924".
The following is a list of the accessories and their conditions:
1. Oval covered container- Very Fine. There is one spot of discoloration on the lid smaller than the size of a dime.
2. Round covered container- Near Mint.
3. Rectangular covered container #1 (toothbrush holder)- Near Mint
4. Rectangular covered container #2 (toothbrush holder)- Missing Lid.
5. Nail file- Handle is Near Mint. The file, itself, shows signs of use.
6. Button hook- Near Mint
7. Hair brush- Very Fine. Bristles show signs of use.
8. Shoe horn- Near Mint
9. Comb- Broken (see photos).
10. Pair of crystal perfume bottles with glass stoppers and brass lids. Near Mint.
Condition of the case:
Very Fine! Outside shows typical signs of use, but everything else is near perfect condition.
18 inches wide, 10.5 inches deep, 6 inches tall.