The Online Bazaar for Fine Antiques, Rugs & Curios
“Those who find beautiful meanings in beautiful things are the cultivated. For these there is hope.” – Oscar Wilde
A Country Oak Rustic Table,(Probably Spanish) with Drawer
Origin: Probably Spanish
Dated: Early Twentieth Century
Height: 85 cms
Width: 82 cms
A country oak table, simply and heavily constructed in solid oak, the top in two sections, with a single drawer beneath (the porcelain handle probably later), above tapered legs, spade feet, and rectangular supports.
This beautifully made rustic table is ideally suited to those with a country kitchen. It’s got a few scuffs, marks, and scratches, but for a table such as this these only add to the charm. Tables of this form have been constructed in Europe since the Middle Ages, and their enduring appeal is owed to their functionality, strength, solid wood construction and unpretentious simplicity.
All pieces listed by Doe & Hope are of the finest quality. Antiques and vintage pieces, are, by their very nature, imperfect; which is why when you bid on a piece from us; you are bidding for something with character. However, any imperfection, which is deemed to be more than just natural ageing, will be duly described above. N.B: The P&P stated applies to U.K. destinations only, for overseas deliveries please email Doe & Hope prior to bidding. ..And remember, Antiques are Green! They are re-usable, re-saleable, and sustainable.
Postage & Shipping
- We are pleased to be able to offer free packing, shipping, and insurance on every piece we send to UK mainland. If you live outside this area then feel free to contact us prior to any purchase for a personal shipping quotation – firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have your specific location we will then be able to provide a quote for you to confirm, before we ship.
- We use Mail Boxes Etc to professionally ship, insure and package our wares over 5kgs. Below this weight we use Royal Mail Special delivery. Next day delivery services are naturally available with both carriers, with a two-day service being the standard.
- All items will be shipped the same day or the next working day, from receiving the order (assuming all credit checks are cleared).
- We will notify you as soon as the item has been shipped with any tracking numbers available.
- If paying by credit card, we can only ship to the billing address of that card. However with some credit card companies you can add extra addresses to your account to enable the shipping to a third party or business address.
- We comprehensively insure all items until the item is received or signed for.
- Please satisfy yourself with any regulations, import tax and duties for the country of destination of your order.
- All items can also be collected from us by request.
- Cheque - Made payable to Doe and Hope. Post to: Doe & Hope. 58 Castle Street, Saffron Walden, Cambridgeshire, CB10 1BJ.
- Cash - We are happy to accept cash if you decide you wish to collect from us.
N.B. Payment must be made within five days of end of auction, unless agreed with us.
Whether you have a question about one of our pieces, want to visit to view an item, or are after something in particular not in the inventory, then do please contact us. We also have a full and secure external website where you may browse and purchase your wares.
General Information: email@example.com
For more information about us and the way we do things visit our 'About Us' Page.
Well, hurrah, with highly polished brass knobs on!