Apple TV 3rd Generation - MD199B/A + Apple 1.8m HDMI To HDMI Cable MC838ZM/B
Free next working day delivery, cut off time 4pm1 year manufacturers (Apple) warrantySealed retail pack
Apple TV gives you any time access to endless entertainment. Thousands of HD movies and TV shows from iTunes - many in stunning 1080p - play through Apple TV on your HDTV, and music and photos stream from your computer. You just click and watch. With AirPlay, it's simple to play content from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on your TV. And the Apple TV interface makes it easy to find whatever you're in the mood for.
Quiet, energy efficient, and so small it fits in the palm of your hand, Apple TV sits neatly on a TV stand or in a crowded media cabinet. When it's not filling your living room with drama, romance, and comedy, it uses less power than a night-light. And the included Apple Remote makes it easy to get to your favourite entertainment.Setting up Apple TV takes almost no time at all. Just plug the power cord into the wall and connect Apple TV to your widescreen TV using an HDMI cable (sold separately). Since everything streams wirelessly to Apple TV using your Wi-Fi network, that's all you need. Except for the popcorn.
With Apple TV, you get instant access to buy or rent the hottest HD movies - many in 1080p and often available the same day they come out on DVD. That's perfect for spontaneous movie nights (or afternoons or mornings). Search by top movies, title, or genre. Can't decide? Read reviews, watch trailers, and check out Rotten Tomatoes ratings. Or let genius make a recommendation based on movies you've watched before. Then pick a flick, press play, and in seconds you're watching the opening credits in theatre-like Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.
Buy your favourite TV shows and watch them - without commercials - whenever you like. Watch a show the day after it airs, or camp out on your couch and catch up on past seasons with a marathon of back-to-back-to-back episodes. Apple TV keeps track of your favourite shows, so the next time you turn on your TV, you can quickly see which season you're watching and which episodes are new. Just choose shows with a few clicks of the Apple remote.
Get everyone in on the birthday pics, vacation videos, or party mixes. Click computers on the Apple TV menu to stream your photos, home videos, and music collection from your Mac or PC. And Apple TV lets you wirelessly access your content from iCloud, too. Click photo stream to see your iCloud photo stream on your widescreen TV. If you're an iTunes match subscriber, click music to play your favourite tracks. Sharing your memories and music with your friends and family has never been easier.
- Height: 23 mm
- Width: 98 mm
- Depth: 98 mm
- Weight: 0.27 kg
- HDMI cable (sold separately).
- High-definition TV with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p.
- Wi-Fi (802.11a, b, g or n) wireless network (wireless video streaming requires 802.11a, g or n) or 10/100BASE-T Ethernet network.
- iTunes Store account for buying or renting films, buying TV programmes and buying music.
- iCloud account for viewing photos and videos from iCloud photo stream and movies in iMovie Theater.
- For streaming media from a Mac or PC: iTunes 10.6 or later; iTunes Store account for Home Sharing.
- Netflix subscription required for streaming content.
Ports and interfaces
- Optical Audio
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet
- Built in IR receiver
- Micro USB
- H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.0 or lower, Baseline profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640x480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280x720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
Audio Formats Supported
- HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3 and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through
- Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz,2 including popular models from these manufacturers: Hitachi, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, NEC, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sony, Sharp, Toshiba, Vizio, Westinghouse.
Thank you for your interest in this item. If you would like any further information, please feel free to contact us via the Ebay messaging system. We aim to respond within 15 minutes 9am-11pm.