Details about Apple TV (3rd Generation) Digital HD Media StreamerSee original listing
17 Jun, 2014 21:55:11 BST
[ 12 bids ]
Bruton, Somerset, United Kingdom
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
TV (3rd Generation)
|Media Input Connectivity:||
HDMI, USB, WiFi, Bluetooth, Ethernet
THIS ITEM IS BRAND NEW AND SEALED
Apple TV 3rd Generation
Apple TV is a tiny entertainment powerhouse that plays the content you love from iTunes, Netflix, YouTube and more on your widescreen TV. In up to 1080p HD. Just plug it in and discover a whole world of films, TV programmes, photos, music and more. You’re gonna need a better sofa.
Films, TV programmes, music, photos and more. All on your widescreen TV.
Apple TV gives you anytime access to endless entertainment. HD films and TV programmes from iTunes — some in stunning 1080p — play through Apple TV on your HDTV, and music and photos stream from your computer. You just click and watch. With AirPlay, it’s simple to play content from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch on your TV.1 And the Apple TV interface makes it easy to find whatever you’re in the mood for.
Small. Powerful. Efficient.
Quiet, energy efficient and so small it fits in the palm of your hand, Apple TV sits neatly on a TV stand or in a crowded media cabinet. When it’s not filling your living room with drama, romance and comedy, it uses less power than a night-light. And the included Apple Remote makes it easy to get to your favourite entertainment.
Setting up Apple TV takes almost no time at all. Just plug the power lead into the wall and connect Apple TV to your widescreen TV using an HDMI cable (sold separately). Since everything streams wirelessly to Apple TV using your Wi-Fi network, that’s all you need. Except for the popcorn.
Give your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch some airtime.
With AirPlay, you can wirelessly stream content from your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch to your widescreen TV via Apple TV.1 So if you want to watch a film stored on one of your devices, you don’t need to rent it again to watch it on the best screen in the house. You can also stream home movies, photos or videos from websites and AirPlay-enabled apps. And with AirPlay Mirroring, you can display the screen of your iPad or iPhone 4S on your HDTV.2 So when you tap, swipe, pinch or play something, it shows up on the big screen — ideal for sharing entertainment with friends or showing off your gaming skills (or lack thereof).
Store it in iCloud. Watch it on Apple TV.
With iCloud, you can rent films and buy TV programmes on Apple TV, and watch them on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Mac or PC. And vice versa.3 iCloud also stores your photos and pushes them wirelessly to all your devices4 — including your HDTV via Apple TV. It’s the easiest way to get instant access to your content, no matter which device you’re using.
If you’re an iTunes Match subscriber, you can access your entire music collection from iCloud — including songs you’ve imported from CDs — straight from your Apple TV. Play your whole collection on Apple TV or any iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or computer for just £21.99 a year.5 iTunes Match has an amazing scan-and-match feature: all the songs in your iTunes library are scanned and then matched with those available on the iTunes Store. Matched songs are instantly added to iCloud with no uploading needed. Any remaining songs are automatically uploaded from your computer to iCloud.
Uploading all the photos from a summer holiday or a big event is as easy as doing nothing at all. With Photo Stream in iCloud, your most recent 1,000 photos automatically appear on all your devices — including Apple TV — no matter which device you used to take the picture. No syncing. No sending. Your photos are just there on your HDTV. For you, and everyone, to enjoy.
- Processor: Apple single-core A5 chip
- Video Formats: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.0 or lower, Baseline profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280x720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file forma
- Audio Formats: Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280x720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file forma
- Photo formats: JPEG, GIF, TIFF
- Port and interfaces: HDMI, Optical audio, 10/100BASE-T Ethernet, Built-in IR receiver, Micro-USB (for service and support)
- TV compatibility: Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz, including popular models from these manufacturers: Hitachi, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, NEC, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, Vizio, Westinghouse
- Wireless network: Wi-Fi (802.11a, b, g or n)
- Dimension (HxWxD): 23 x 98 x 98 mm / 0.9 x 3.9 x 3.9 inches
- Weight: 0.27 kg / 0.6 pounds