|Art Deco Bohemian Loetz Powolny Orange Tango Glass Rose Bowl + Metal Frog 1920s
- A fabulous art deco era blown glass rose bowl, likely to have been made in the Bohemia/Czech region, possibly by Powolny at the the Loetz glassworks.
- The bowl is a vivid orange glass cased in clear, usually called tango glass - it has a typical rose bowl shape, with three prominent black 'teardrops' around the sides, each with a central orange dot. The bowl has its original ornamental metal flower frog grid.
- The bowl and lid are in very good condition, and apart from one tiny fleabite on the rim, with no damage or wear; the metal lid is untarnished.
- It measures 13 cm/5" high and about the same wide, and the weight is 397 gms; estimated final packaged weight will be 700 gms.
Please ask any questions, and good luck with the bidding!
View My Other Items For Sale
- Paypal is preferred with no extra charge, but I will also accept personal cheques or postal orders, or for those who prefer to collect in person, cash in £. For International customers, Paypal is the only acceptable payment option.
- Please complete the Checkout procedure to ensure that I have your full shipping details.
- Payment can ONLY be accepted in GBP pounds sterling (Paypal converts all foreign currencies to GBP for you, so don't worry).
- Please submit payment within 7 days from the close of the auction.
- For International customers, please ask me before bidding for any special considerations when shipping abroad.
- The buyer is responsible for paying all packaging and posting costs.
- All parcels will be sent by Recorded, Signed-For delivery.
- Despatch estimates: Ebay only give me the options of stating 5 or 10 days on despatch details - I have limited mobility and arthritis and can normally only post out about once a week, so cannot guarantee 5 days - but please be assured I will post your parcel as soon as I can. However if you require your item urgently, please ask and I will do my best to ensure your parcel gets special treatment! There will normally be a few days delay from the receipt of payment to shipping your parcel in any case, as cheques take time to clear, and Paypal takes about 4 working days to arrive in my bank account, and for International parcels in particular, there can be cash flow issues!
- I pack professionally and with great care and attention to detail to ensure the safe shipping of your purchases. I buy in my packaging materials new, and also recycle where possible, and I do allow a few pence in the posting costs towards the packaging materials and time.
- Where practical, I am always happy to combine items in one parcel. Please ask for a quote.
- In the event of loss or damage within the UK, compensation up to the value of £46 can be claimed (excluding antiques, precious jewellery, watches, ceramics or glassware). For items selling at over £46, you may request that your parcel be sent by Special Delivery to be fully covered for compensation, and you will need to pay the extra cost before despatch.
- I always email buyers to notify them when their package has been posted, and will include your Tracking Number and the Royal Mail weblink should you need to check the location of your parcel.
- I cannot be held responsible for damage to items once they have been posted. In the very unlikely event of an item arriving damaged, it is the responsibility of the customer to make a claim with the Royal Mail, and we will be glad to help by supplying claim forms and proof of posting. (RM will only compensate, where appropriate, for the amount the claimant has paid for an item, so to receive the bid price, it is the buyer who must make the claim.)
- The International prices are based on 2 rates: all European countries, or USA, Australia, Asia and anywhere else in the world.
- I will ship by International Airmail Recorded Signed For Small Packets to anywhere in the world. Sorry, but Surface Mail is not an option.
- I will happily combine items in one package if practical, but any package weighing over 2kg is stupidly expensive to ship abroad, and 2 parcels may be cheaper.
- The prices quoted above do not include compensation, which is not available from the Royal Mail anywhere outside the UK. Compensation for international parcels is only available for non-delivery or loss from Parcelforce Worldwide, and then only for certain categories of goods. If you would like a quote for Parcelforce, do ask, but be aware it is very expensive. There is no compensation available for damage - but don't let this bother you as I do pack superbly, as my many satisfied customers testify in their Feedback.
I have been offering antiques and collectables for sale on ebay for over 14 years now, and am always concerned to do my best to keep my customers happy. If you have any problems with a purchase of mine, PLEASE do get in touch before taking any 'official' action so that we can discuss your query and I will do everything I can to help.
Please do not ask me to end a listing early and change it to Buy It Now - I won't do this as I don't believe it is fair to my other customers.
- If you want to get in touch, please use ebay's 'Ask Seller A Question'. Thank you.
- I always try and answer emails and messages promptly, and will be happy to discuss your personal requirements and make adjustments where practicable.