Art Deco Czech Kralik Hand Blown Glass Vase + Applied Flower Frog 1920s
This lovely quirky hand-blown glass vase was made by the Kralik glassworks in Bohemia in the art deco era of the 1920s.
The column vase is slightly writhen in clear glass, with an unusual applied 'flower frog' to the top. This takes the form of the petals of a flower, rising from a green base, incurved or inverted to form supports for flower stems. It has a concave base with a snapped-off pontil.
The vase is in very good condition with no damage; the base is unmarked, as was common. It weighs 275 gms, and I estimate the final packaged weight will be about 600 gms. It measures 17 cm/6.75" high.
Please ask any questions, and thanks for looking!
Despatch times: I am a pensioner with limited mobility and arthritis, and can only get to a Post Office about once a week; ebay only offer me the choice of stating 5 or 10 days for despatch times, and I cannot guarantee 5 days... but please understand I will do my best to despatch your parcel as soon as I can... thanks for your patience (if you require it urgently, please make a special request)!
- Paypal is preferred with no extra charge, but I will also accept personal cheques or postal orders, or for those who prefer to collect in person, cash in £. For International customers, Paypal is the only acceptable payment option.
- Please complete the Checkout procedure to ensure that I have your full shipping details.
- Payment can ONLY be accepted in GBP pounds sterling (Paypal converts all foreign currencies to GBP for you, so don't worry).
- Please submit payment within 7 days from the close of the auction.
- For International customers, please ask me before bidding for any special considerations when shipping abroad.
- The buyer is responsible for paying all packaging and posting costs.
- All parcels will be sent by Recorded, Signed-For delivery.
- Despatch estimates: Ebay only give me the options of stating 5 or 10 days on despatch details - I have limited mobility and arthritis and can normally only post out about once a week, so cannot guarantee 5 days - but please be assured I will post your parcel as soon as I can. However if you require your item urgently, please ask and I will do my best to ensure your parcel gets special treatment! There will normally be a few days delay from the receipt of payment to shipping your parcel in any case, as cheques take time to clear, and Paypal takes about 4 working days to arrive in my bank account, and for International parcels in particular, there can be cash flow issues!
- I pack professionally and with great care and attention to detail to ensure the safe shipping of your purchases. I buy in my packaging materials new, and also recycle where possible, and I do allow a few pence in the posting costs towards the packaging materials and time.
- Where practical, I am always happy to combine items in one parcel. Please ask for a quote.
- In the event of loss or damage within the UK, compensation up to the value of £46 can be claimed (excluding antiques, precious jewellery, watches, ceramics or glassware). For items selling at over £46, you may request that your parcel be sent by Special Delivery to be fully covered for compensation, and you will need to pay the extra cost before despatch.
- I always email buyers to notify them when their package has been posted, and will include your Tracking Number and the Royal Mail weblink should you need to check the location of your parcel.
- I cannot be held responsible for damage to items once they have been posted. In the very unlikely event of an item arriving damaged, it is the responsibility of the customer to make a claim with the Royal Mail, and we will be glad to help by supplying claim forms and proof of posting. (RM will only compensate, where appropriate, for the amount the claimant has paid for an item, so to receive the bid price, it is the buyer who must make the claim.)
- The International prices are based on 2 rates: all European countries, or USA, Australia, Asia and anywhere else in the world.
- I will ship by International Airmail Recorded Signed For Small Packets to anywhere in the world. Sorry, but Surface Mail is not an option.
- I will happily combine items in one package if practical, but any package weighing over 2kg is stupidly expensive to ship abroad, and 2 parcels may be cheaper.
- The prices quoted above do not include compensation, which is not available from the Royal Mail anywhere outside the UK. Compensation for international parcels is only available for non-delivery or loss from Parcelforce Worldwide, and then only for certain categories of goods. If you would like a quote for Parcelforce, do ask, but be aware it is very expensive. There is no compensation available for damage - but don't let this bother you as I do pack superbly, as my many satisfied customers testify in their Feedback.
I have been offering antiques and collectables for sale on ebay for over 5 years now, and am always concerned to do my best to keep my customers happy. If you have any problems with a purchase of mine, PLEASE do get in touch before taking any 'official' action so that we can discuss your query and I will do everything I can to help.
Please do not ask me to end a listing early and change it to Buy It Now - I won't do this as I don't believe it is fair to my other customers.
- If you want to get in touch, please use ebay's 'Ask Seller A Question'. Thank you.
- I always try and answer emails and messages promptly, and will be happy to discuss your personal requirements and make adjustments where practicable.