- BikeRay IV lamp complete with battery lead
- 6.6 Ah Upgraded sealed battery with cover & mounting strap (4hrs of run time on full power)
- Handle bar mountings for standard & oversize bars
- Helmet mount and extension lead Mains Battery charger with UK plug
- Gift bag for storage
- User guide and battery care info
- Power Modes: Hi 100% Low 50% & Flashing
- Warranty: 12 months after the purchase date
- Brand: BikeRay LED LED4 Cree XP-G R5
- Reflector: Mould optical glass lens 15 degrees
- Over heat: High temperature protection driver board
- Power supply: 4x 18650 battery 6.6AH 12Volt
- Casing Material: Auminium allot 6061 Aircraft grade
- Water proof: IPVI Rating Certification CE/UL
- Run time: Hi 1500 lm 4.4 hrs; Low 600 lm 13.8 hrs & Flash 200 lm 200hrs
- Charging time: 4.25 hours (standard charger)
- Battery Indicator: 3 step fuel gauge Green 100~50%, blue 50~10%, Red 10%
- Weight: Lightweight at 465g fitted including battery
The Bikeray Ray IV bike light sets a new standard in ultimate light output at an affordable price. Its blisteringly bright 1500 lumen output means the most technical trails can be ridden flat out on the darkest of nights. This light is much brighter than a car headlight and and anyone else can see you from a good distance away.
The Bikeray Ray IV uses four CREE XP-G LEDs to achieve its fantastic power output, and the single lighthead design is highly weatherproof, lightweight and doesn't take up much room on the handlebars.
The 15 degree moulded optical glass lens directs the light to where it is most needed, lighting up much of the trail ahead while also providing great beam width.
A temperature protection circuit will stop the light overheating, automatically stepping the output down if the light is left on full with no airflow around it.
OPERATING THE RAY IV BIKE LIGHT
Connecting up the Ray IV light to the battery causes the button on the rear of the lighthead to illuminate and indicate how much battery charge is left. One press of the button will turn the light on at full power, subsequent presses of button will cycle it through its three modes. Pushing and holding the button for two seconds will turn the Ray IV light off.
The power button changes colour to indicate remaining battery charge in three steps:
- Green: 50 - 100%
- Blue: 10 - 50%
- Red: Less than 20%
The flashing mode is very energy efficient and can be used to get home if the battery is low.
MOUNTING THE RAY IV BIKE LIGHT
The Ray IV bike light can be fitted to standard or oversize handlebars by using one of two supplied O rings. The O rings fit the light very tightly to the handlebars and work really well with alloy or carbon bars.
If you prefer to helmet mount your bike light, the Ray IV is supplied with a mount that can fit to any vented bike helmet. The smaller of the two O rings is used to fit lighthead to the helmet mount.
BATTERY AND CHARGING
The Bikeray Ray IV bike light comes complete with a 12V 6.6Ah rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The battery has a protective sealing layer to weatherproof it and it fits inside a bag which further shockproofs it.
A broad Velcro strap on the battery bag neatly fits to the bike. We find fitting the battery and bag underneath the top tube, near the seat tube works best. We would recommend our separately available set of 10 Velcro cable ties for cable management, as these are perfectly sized for use with bike frames.
Recharging the battery fully takes approximately four hours and the LED on the charger changes from red to green when charging is complete. The charger will automatically stop charging once the LED goes green.
THE CHARGER SUPPLIED WITH THIS LIGHT SET MUST ONLY BE USED WITH THE RAY IV BIKE LIGHT - IT IS NOT SUITABLE FOR USE WITH RAY II OR RAY III BATTERIES/LIGHT SETS.