- Genuinely Autographed by 4 Falklands Heroes
- Set of four covers, each with different PSB Pane and signature.
- LIMITED TO JUST 125 SETS OF 4 COVERS WORLDWIDE!
- Each Postmarked on the First Day of issue, with a different Army Uniforms postmark.
- Created by world renowned first day cover producer Buckingham Covers!
*More about first day covers and Buckingham Covers
Royal Mail released a prestige booklet called "British Army Uniforms" on 20 September 2007.Our striking cover shows the development of the Guards uniforms.
The set of 4 was available unsigned or as an incredible signed set, autographed by 4 Falklands heroes:
• The late Major General Sir Jeremy Moore KCB OBE MC, commander of the British Land Forces who won the Falklands War.
• Lt. Colonel Chris Keeble DSO - During the Battle of Goose Green, Keeble inherited command of the 2nd Battalion of The Parachute Regiment (2 PARA) at a stage where one in six of his men were killed or wounded, they were largely out of ammunition, had been without sleep for 40 hours and were vulnerable to a counter-attack. He took the actions which brought the battle to a successful conclusion.
• General Sir Michael Rose KCB, CBE, DSO, QGM, who commanded the 22nd SAS Regiment (1979-82) during which time it was involved in the London Iranian Embassy siege and the Falklands War.
• Lt. Gen. Sir Hew Pike KCB DSO MBE, who was Commanding Officer of the 3rd Battalion, The Parachute Regiment during the Falklands Conflict, for which he was awarded the Distinguished Service Order
Go on ... make us an offer!
Postage/Packing and Returns Policy: -
Postage is £1.95 to UK addresses and £2.95 for recorded delivery or abroad. Every item has a 30 day money back guarantee, so if you aren't delighted, return it to us in the same condition for a full refund.
*What is a "first day cover?"
At it's most basic level, a first day cover is an envelope bearing stamps postmarked on the first day that the stamps were issued. Buckingham Covers first day covers are highly collectable versions. They are highly sought after because: -
- They are limited in number (usually between 500 and 750 in total per stamp issue) and we cannot produce more after the issue date of the stamps.
- Celebrities, film and TV stars, sports stars, politicians and VIP's the world over sign our covers personally in return for a charity donation. Buckingham Covers has raised in excess of £500k for charity so far!
- They're handstamped with our very own specially sponsored postmark which makes them unique.
- They are designed with great love and planning to create beautiful works of art in their own right, before they've even been postmarked!
Buckingham Covers - the best-kept secret in the collectables world