Product: Carob ground powder dried - medium roasted
The Spiceworks offers you yet another unbeatable deal from our high class product range.
Superior quality at the lowest prices-GUARANTEED!
People who don't know Carob very well think it's a health food shop version of chocolate, but it's so much more!
Mix carob with raw chocolate for a lovely sweet, high calcium treat.
Chocolate has lots of magnesium, carob has lots of calcium.
Carob is a legume that comes from the carob tree (Ceratonia siliqua), an evergreen tree native to the Mediterranean (it is actually a shrub that is trained into tree form by pruning).
Today it is also grown in other warm climates.
This Carob comes from Turkey, and is wild, unsprayed and nutrient-dense.
Carob, or St. John's Bread, as it is commonly known, is a large (4-12 inch long) dried, bean-like pod.
Inside the carob pods are tiny beans which are used to make locust bean gum, a stabiliser and thickener in foods.
The carob pods themselves are roasted and ground into carob powder.
The tree bears fruit (carob pods) after six to eight years of growth, and can easily bear 100 pounds of pods per year by its twelfth year, increasing to an average of 200 to 250 pounds annually as the tree grows older. It can continue to bear fruit for 100 years.
Carob powder can be used to replace cocoa at levels from 25-50%. While carob performs like cocoa, it differs in sugar and fat content. Cocoa may contain up to 23% fat and 5% sugar while carob has .7% fat and a natural sugar content of 42-48%.
Nutritionally, carob has none of the allergy-producing antibodies or the caffeine stimulant theobromine found in the cocoa bean.
Carob contains as much vitamin B1 as asparagus or strawberries, the same amount of niacin as lima beans, lentils or peas and more vitamin A than eggplant, asparagus and beets.
It is also high in vitamin B2, calcium, magnesium and iron.
It contains approximately 8% protein and is a good source of fibre. Compared to chocolate, carob is three times richer in calcium, has one third less calories and seventeen times less fat.
In addition to being a delicious and healthful foodstuff, carob powder is used as a tobacco flavouring and in the production of some pharmaceuticals.
Try some for yourself today, it is delicious and much more than just a substitute for chocolate.
We only post to UK addresses
Please visit our Ebay shop for more Herbs, spices & herbal (tea) infusions.
Please read the following Policies & Terms before buying:
• We accept the following payment methods:
• Cheque/ Postal order
• Bank transfer
• Orders not paid for within 5 working days of purchase will be automatically cancelled:
• Orders will normally be processed within 24 business hours of cleared payment:
• Despatch will normally be within 48 business hours maximum of cleared payment: During UK holiday periods, delays in processing/ despatching may occur.
• UK Mainland delivery is charged at the current Royal Mail charge.
• No International Postage using Royal Mail Airmail or surface mail:
• We ONLY use our international bulk courier service for overseas orders over 5 Kilo placed direct from our website:
• No Delivery unless the full & correct confirmed postal address is used, together with a contact telephone number:
• No P.O. Box Delivery
• Our full terms & conditions can be found on our website, please see below.
• If your order does not arrive within 7 WORKING days of despatch (buyers always receive an automated Ebay despatch email at the time of despatch), please contact us immediately for advice on how check its progress. Please do NOT contact us before 7 working days have passed. There are 5 working days in each week- Monday to Friday.
• By purchasing from us you are agreeing to our full terms & conditions.
• Returns are accepted
• UK residents are also covered by extra legislation and may return the product to us for any reason within 7 days after receiving the product.
Please read the UK Distance selling regulations: Here
• Any goods returned to us (for any reason) will have the full return postal cost paid by the buyer in advance.
• We do not reimburse the buyer for return postal costs.
• All returned goods must be in an 'As new' condition and should not have been used or damaged in any way. Any goods returned to us that do not meet the legal requirements under the Distance Selling Regulations will not be considered suitable for reimbursement.
• All returns MUST be sent via Recorded Delivery, as we cannot be held responsible if the goods do not reach us.
• The Spiceworks offers you a 100% guarantee.
• If you are not 100% happy with your purchase, please contact us DIRECT in all circumstances via our website email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• If your order does not arrive within 7 working days of despatch, please contact us immediately for advice.
For fastest response, please email us at
your enquiry will then be dealt with in the shortest time.
We cannot guarantee to answer complex questions over the telephone at the time of calling.
Our office opening hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am- 4.30pm UK time.
We are closed during English Bank and public Holidays.
If you are not 100% happy with your purchase please return the product to us at your own expense, unused and in original condition/ packaging for a full refund.
If an order is lost in transit, then we will issue a full refund at our own discretion after the prescribed time limit has passed with Royal Mail to instigate a claim. This is currently 15 days after posting.
Once an order has left our premises, we are no longer legally able to determine its delivery time-this is the domain of Royal Mail.
As we operate a Business Collection Service with Royal Mail, all undelivered orders, damaged or otherwise, are always returned to us within 28 working days by Royal Mail.
For full information on our trading terms, please visit our website at: www.thespiceworks.co.uk
Placing an order with us deems that you fully understand and accept all of our trading terms and conditions.
If you are not 100% happy with your purchase please return the item to me, unused and in original condition/ packaging.
Please pay the correct return postage and send via Recorded Delivery (so as to ensure safe arrival)
I will then offer you either an exchange or a full refund on the original purchase price (minus your return postal costs to me.
(estimated and based on max bid)To be provided at checkout
Your maximum bid:
Your maximum bid:
Please read the full listing. By clicking Confirm bid you commit to buy this item from the seller if you are the winning bidder. You will enter a binding contract.
By clicking Confirm bid, you are committing to buy this item from the seller if you are the winning bidder and have read and agree to the Global Postage Programme terms and conditions - opens in a new window or tab. Import charges previously quoted are subject to change if you increase you maximum bid amount.