CARVIN DCM2000L ULTRA LIGHT LINEAR 2000W POWER AMP NEW
If you want an amp that delivers exceptional sound/reliability, ultra-light weight, models from 200w to 3800w and made in the USA quality, Carvin's DCM-L Series is the answer. You should seriously consider the ultra-light feature, which comes in part from its heavy-duty aluminum frame. Aluminum is more expensive than steel, but worth every penny to keep your rack as light as possible. Expect 2/3 to 3/4 savings over conventional amplifiers - 50 lb to 60 lb amps becomes 15 lbs. High power, uncompromised sound and maximum reliability is at its best for both touring systems and fixed installations. The concert stage is the ultimate test of professional audio and for the last decade the DCM has made its mark serving top artists and concert venues night after night, year after year. The DCM is a proven American made workhorse backed by over 60 years of manufacturing excellence.
- Ultra-light 14 lbs
- Highest value, lowest priced lightweight amp
- Power supply designed for superior bass
- Go "Green" - save energy and cost
- Quiet hum-free operation with noise less than -106dB for studio applications
- Ultra-low THD: 0.03% at 8 ohms
- Handles difficult mismatched or reactive loads
- Soft-start power-up prevents tripping AC breakers
- Speaker Guard™ protects from harmful DC
- Multi speed fans - rear to front flow for cooler racks
- Distortion-free limiters to help protect drivers
- Independent thermal overload protection
- Recessed front to prevent control damage
- Percentage of power, clip, bridge, protect and power indicators
- Balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs
- Speakon™, Binding Post, 1/4" TS outputs
- Convenient Ground Lift & Parallel Input switches
- Shock-proof SMT reliability
- Heavy-duty galvanized steel chassis
- Fit all racks - only 266mm (10.5-inch) deep
- Full 3-year warranty (USA) - Made in the USA
Applications: Mains/Monitors/Subwoofers, Concerts, Events, Houses of Worship, Clubs/Restaurants, Auditoriums, Convention Centers, Mobile DJ's
SERIOUS POWER - The CLASS A/B linear topology features high current bipolar output devices that reduce distortion to a near theoretical zero limit while delivering high slew rate performance for crystal clear highs and chest pounding bass - every note is vibrant, pure and natural. The DCM's headroom reveals its high dynamic power from the Switchmode power supply that operates at 130,000 Hz. Extreme currents are delivered to the most demanding subwoofer system, which are driven under 4 ohm bridge - 2 ohm operation. Every DCM easily handles the most difficult mismatched or reactive loads and is AC generator friendly.
COOL EFFICIENT DESIGN - A high efficiency heat transfer system offers the most advanced cooling, which is one of the keys to reliable power. Five high ratio 6063-T5 flow-through aluminum heat sinks remove heat fast with multi-speed fans that runs quiet under 2 ohms loads. Air is pulled from the rear and exhausted to the front to keep the rear of your rack cool. R & D designed a "direct mount" system for the power output devices to be directly mounted to the heat sink, which eliminates any thermal barrier to keep your amp running cool.
ACCESSORY GROUP - The accessory group features recessed front controls with status indicators that won't get bumped or easily moved. A rear "Ground Lift" switch eliminates ground loops. A "Parallel Input" switch eliminates the "Y" adapter typically used for paralleling channels. The mono "Bridge" switch delivers the full power of the amp (both channels) into one output. The limiters are available at the push of a button to help control peaks protecting your drivers. Connecting is done with balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs. Outputs feature Speakon™, and binding post. The soft-start circuit gently turns the DCM on to prevent AC breakers from tripping.
- Built-in limiters help protect drivers
- LED indicators: power, clip, 3 levels, protect, bridge
- Balanced XLR and 1/4" inputs
- Speakon™ combo output connectors
- 3rd Speakon™ connector for bridging
- Heavy-duty output binding posts
- Rear switches: bridging, limiter, channel paralleling, ground lift
- Recessed knobs offer better protection against damage
1 CHANNEL RMS continuous
- 8 ohms: 400 watts
- 4 ohms: 700 watts
- 2 ohms: 1150 watts
BOTH CH RMS continuous
- 8 ohms: 325/325 watts
- 4 ohms: 600/600 watts
- 2 ohms: 1000/1000 watts
BRIDGED RMS continuous
- 8 ohms bridged: 1200 watts
- 4 ohms bridged: 2000 watts
- Frequency Response: +-.5 dB 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- THD< 0.03% @ 50% output, <.1% 20-20 kHz @ 90% output
- Output Topology: CLASS A/B
- Power Supply: Switchmode - 60% reserve - see kick drum test
- Damping Factor: >500
- Slew Rate: bridged mode >50v/µs
- Sensitivity (@ 4Ω): 1.0 Vrms
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Greater than 106 dB
- Input Impedance: >20K ohm balanced
- Speaker Guard™ DC protection for drivers
- Soft-start power-ups: prevents AC breakers from tripping
- Over-Current: protected
- Under-Voltage: protected
- Thermal: protected
- Fan: variable speed
- Shock-proof SMT construction
- FR4 fire retardant circuit boards
- Aluminum chassis
- Air Flow - "rear to front" for cooler rack
- AC generator friendly
- Fuse: 25 amps
- 2RU rackmount
- Dim: 19" (48cm) wide x 10.5" (26.6cm) deep x 3.5" (9cm) high
- Weight: 14 lbs (6.4kg)
- Made in the USA
- 3 year warranty
If you have any questions about this item, contact eBay Sales (800) 854-2235, extension 175.
Local pickup at Carvin's San Diego showroom is available. For additional information on this item, see the manual and other documentation at the Carvin Service Site.
Shipping & Warranty Information
Carvin uses UPS Ground and Priority Mail (except where noted) for all deliveries. Carvin will decide how to best ship your order upon packaging. Packages shipped via UPS can be tracked online using your order confirmation number. The rule of thumb is that small orders will be delivered via USPS Priority, and larger items (guitars, amps, speakers, etc) will be delivered via UPS.
Carvin will ship all expedited orders via UPS (except where noted). Expedited costs are estimated by the following:
- 2nd day 3x standard shipping
- 3rd day 2x standard shipping
In some cases, Next Day Shipping may be available. Contact eBay Sales to inquire.
Alaska, Hawaii & Canada Shipping
Shipping to Alaska & Hawaii is 3X the standard shipping charge, and shipping to Canada is 4X the standard shipping charge.
In some cases, multiple items can be combined to reduce shipping costs. Contact eBay Sales for a quote, or call (800) 854-2235, extension 175.
Items that are In-Stock are generally shipped within 1-3 Business days. You will receive an automated tracking number when your order ships. If you not receive a tracking number within 3 business days, please contact eBay Sales.
How long it will take to receive your order depends on where you live, and what you ordered. A guitar shipped UPS Ground generally takes about 6 days to reach the East Coast. A small parts order will be received between 2 - 4 days via USPS Priority mail. However, once your package has left Carvin, we cannot control factors such as weather that may delay your receipt.
Immediate payment via PayPal is preferred at the time of purchase or auction close. However, we do accept credit cards (including Carvin Card) as well.
Items sold on eBay that are NEW are covered by Carvin's limited warranty.
CARVIN products are warranted against defective materials and workmanship for 1 YEAR. DCML & HD Series Power Amps, Active & Passive Loudspeakers have a 3 YEAR warranty; Guitars, Basses & Cobalt Series Guitars have a 5 YEAR warranty. Tubes shipped with amps, Wireless Systems & Speaker Components (purchased as individual parts) are warranted for 90 DAYS.
The Limited Warranty will be void (not covered) under the following conditions: a) any modified product, b) speakers with burnt, damaged or open voice coils, c) moisture, d) salt/smoke/contaminants, e) natural disasters, f) accidents, g) abuse, h) lack of reasonable care, or i) damaged caused to speakers or horn drivers caused by this unit. This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties expressed or implied. No representative or person is authorized to represent or assume for CARVIN any liability in connection with the sale of servicing of CARVIN products. CARVIN shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages.
For USA warranties, CARVIN will provide its own service and parts at no charge providing the Customer includes "proof of purchase" (receipt or invoice) and the unit is shipped in the original carton. If covered under warranty: 1 to 30 days, Carvin pays ground shipping both ways. 31 days to 365 days, customer pays shipping to Carvin, Carvin pays return ground shipping. Over one year, customer pays shipping both ways.
For USA service, go online to complete the "RMA Repair Form". Ship item including RMA Form and allow up two 2 weeks for CARVIN to receive. You will be contacted by email. If not covered under warranty, a "Flat" service fee is available, or if we are no longer servicing the unit, you may be eligible for a new, similar unit for a fee. See detailed information on the Carvin Service Site.
Note that the Carvin warranty is not transferrable, so is only applicable to the original owner of the gear in question.
Gear sold as NEW is covered by Carvin's 10-Day money-back guarantee. Used gear, B-stock gear and blemished gear are NOT covered by the 10-Day money-back guarantee. If you're not sure if this item is covered or not, please ask!