· Additives Mirrorlaq fast thinner - for normal speed and performance and high gloss. RA Bleanding thinner - area blending.
· Coverage A coverage of 8-9m sq/mtr per ltr
· Flash point below 22°c (Highly Flammable)
· Application Substrates Mirrorlaq ready mixed colours can be applied over sanded and degreased original finishes .-Tempo-filler shades-Washfiller etch.
· Surface preparation Degrease with Quick wipe degreaser. Dry sand with p320-p400 grade paper. Wet sand with p800-p1000 grade paper. Degrease with Quick wipe degreaser.
· Mixing Instructions Mixing ratio is 100 parts Mirrorlaq 100-150 parts Mirrorfast thinner. With some colours ,a greater amount of thinner will enhance the sprayablity, flow and polishablity. Especially for matt and satin straining is recommended. Metallic colours mixing ratio is 100 Mirrorlaq 150 parts Mirrorlaq thinner.
· Spraying viscosity12- 20s Din cup 4 at 20°c (20-30s BSB4 cup) Spray gun fluid tip and working pressure tip pressure Gravity feed Spray gun 1.5mm 2-4 bar(30-60 psi) Suction feed Spray gun 1.8mm 2-4 bar(30-60 psi)
· Application process Spray single coats until full opacity is achieved (with most colours 3-4 single coats is sufficient). Flash off times will vary depending on temperature, The type of thinners used and conditions of application, please allow each coat to become touch dry before applying the following coat. Satin and Matt colours must have correct film thickness.
· Blending and fading out techniques: Fade-outs are extremely easy with Mirrorlaq ,Reduce pressure to (5-7psi),dissolve by fading pure RA Bleanding thinner immediately after last coat.
· Fluorescent colours (if the colour ordered is Luminous or fluorescent) The system comprises of 2 basecoats and clear finish. First apply 3 full coats of Mirrorlaq groundcoat brilliant white with full flash-off time between coats. After 15mins flash-off time apply 3 full coats Fluorescent , or until correct opacity is achieved. After 30mins flash-off times and For extra durability 2 coats of Mirrorcryl clear two pack acrylic lacquer can be applied, especially if petrol resistance is required i.e.: motor bike petrol tanks.
· Drying Dust free 5 - 7minsTack free 15 mins Hard dry 4 hrs
· Recoat ability. After correct flash-off times
· Polishing Areas may have a light flat with P1200 Wet or Dry and polished when dry with reflection finishing surfaces.
· Storage12 months for unopened cans. Ambient temperature for application is above 10°c low humidity /dry conditions.
· Cleaning solvent Mirror low cost thinner.