Used: An item that has been previously used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of ... Read moreabout the condition
|Drive Side:||Right-hand drive||Reg. Date:||01/10/1991|
|Safety Features:||Rear seat belts||Mileage:||93,000|
|Exterior:||Alloy Wheels||Engine Size:||1,000|
|In-Car Audio:||CD Player|
For sale is my beloved 1991 ROVER MINI NEON 998cc. (Molly). I have owned the car for three years this July and have carried out extensive work, refurbishing the car as a rolling project. M.O.T and tax till September 2014, reg. number J718 TWO. Car was bought in need of a lot of work to bring it up to basic road standards. Along with the list of work carried out below, many basic issues have been addressed (faulty light bulbs, worn tyres, broken fuses, low fluids etc.)
- New standard side mounted radiator fitted with replacement hoses
- Clutch master cylinder replaced due to small leak.
- Front and rear engine stabilisers and stabiliser bushes replaced due to excessive play/movement.
- Minor welding in the engine bay to repair engine stabiliser bracket; new bracket fitted
- Rear drivers side radius arm completely replaced due to damaged/worn bearings
- Hand break renovated due to excessive wear
- Extensive re-wiring in the engine bay including replacement fuse box, indicator relays and braided engine battery/earth strap. Earth points cleaned.
- Distribution components replaced; HT leads replaced twice, brand new points and condenser fitted, brand new rotor arm and distribution cap. Timing adjusted professionally at garage.
- Emissions test carried out carburetor re-tuned twice
- Fan belt replacement and adjustment
- New stainless rocker cover with rocker cover gasket replaced several times
- Full re-spray; when car was bought was painted in standard industrial metal paint. Car stripped and fully sanded down before being re-sprayed in custom Shelby cobra electric blue with white roof.
- New chrome fixtures and bright work including bumpers (front currently missing), wing mirrors, rear window mirror, front light fittings, grille surrounds, chrome wheel arches, rear number plate lamp housing (including seal). Front WIPAC fog lights fitted (but need wiring).
- Standard wipers replaced with chrome window wipers
- Car was leaking water into floor pan badly when originally bought – new drainage hole fitted in bottom of door panels, all door and window seals replaced including windscreen and rear window and both check arm seals.
Interior stripped out – new black vinyl bucket
seats fitted. Currently no carpet.
- Brand new 3 set Magnolia Speedo, temperature and rev. counter dials and dash fitted.
- Interior console switches replaced due to faults/burnouts.
- Rear seats replaced with set of standard grey seats (clean and in good condition but could possibly do with re-upholstery)
- New FLI radio speakers fitted behind rear seats.
- New custom door cards fitted – black vinyl with stainless steel strips (see pic)
- New interior trims and fixtures, stainless steel door handles, window winders
- Brand new seatbelts in front and back
- Brand new set of 12 inch MINILITE rims with a whole new set of tyres (NANKANG AND FALKUM). Wheel alignment regularly adjusted.
- Rear brakes stripped and cleaned.
- Nearside front lower suspension arm and offside front upper suspension arm ball joints replaced due to small play
- Nearside rear trailing arm pin bearing adjusted due to slight play
- Front shock absorbers replaced with SPAX standard height
- Regular services and oil changes with oil filter replaced on numerous occasions
Areas for improvement;
- Even though the car has been re-sprayed since I’ve bought it, it has been used as an everyday run around and is 23 years old. There are small rust spots and paint bubbling dotted around – I haven’t pictured each spot individually but it is to be expected on a car of this age / usage.
- There is some damage to the bodywork on the rear passengers side pillar (see pic) – a small dent by someone who by the looks of things didn’t know how to fit rear seatbelts!
- Both front door windows are fully functional but could do with some adjusting – driver’s side will catch from time to time and passenger’s side is just a little un-even when being wound down.
- Missing front bumper (see pic)
- Due to extensive re-wiring the front WIPAC fog lights need wiring – I have a wiring kit which will be supplied with the spares and there is a front fog light switch included. The fog lights can be wired to the main headlight switch if desired but I think an individual fog light switch would be preferable.
- Oil leak from oils switch – advisory on last M.O.T and an easy fix I just haven’t got round to.
- The car is missing a rear fog light due to issues with bodywork – excessive rust caused the fog light housing to physically fall off! The bodywork has been fully repaired (see pic) but a new fog light and housing needs to be fitted (very simple fix, connections from old fog light are tucked away in boot and simply need re-connecting).
- Stainless steel braided hose for master cylinder to slave. The clutch is fully functional but was given braided hose and told it may help improve clutch performance and comfort.
- Full set of brake pads
- Front fog light wiring kit including relays and switches
- 20cm white circle decals for panels/doors
All paperwork I have collected will be included in the sale along with the spare parts. Great little run around and fun car to drive/work on. Some jobs still to be done but nothing major or extensive. All the hard work has been done!!Any questions or to arrange a viewing please contact Sam on 07807545186.