Please note that we will be more than happy to mix and match colours on your order.
Please email us immediately advising what you require, so we can dispatch without delay.
This little pack is bursting with a whole spectrum of ideas & promise of brilliant, permanent results you will be proud of. From all colours bright & beautiful to rich & intense shades, with Dylon you have all the colours of the rainbow to choose from. So if you fell like a change, you can wake up your wardrobe, revive a faded top or brighten some cushion covers, with colour & ease. Each pack can dye 600g of fabric to full shade or 1.2kg of fabric to lighter shade.
DYLON Machine Dye Instructions
The shade you achieve will depend on 3 things:
1. FABRIC TYPE
• Cotton, linen & viscose will dye to full shade
• Polyester/cotton & polyester/viscose mixes will dye to lighter shade
• Wool, silk, polyester, acrylic, nylon & fabric with special finishes e.g. 'dry clean only', cannot be dyed
2. FABRIC AMOUNT
• One pack will dye up to 600g of fabric (e.g. jeans, bath towel, double sheet) to the full shade & up to 1.2kg of fabric (e.g. double duvet) to lighter shade
• Multiple packs will dye larger amounts to full shade, e.g. 2 packs for 1200g (e.g. double duvet) or 4 packs for 2kg (e.g. curtains)
3. ORIGINAL FABRIC COLOUR
• You can change one strong colour to another (or dye it to a lighter shade) by using DYLON PRE-DYE which lightens before you dye, ready for colour change.
• Otherwise colour mixing rules apply, e.g. blue dye on red fabric gives purple
• Patterned fabric will often still show through
• Weigh dry fabric to ensure you have sufficient dye
• Wash thoroughly, even if new, to remove stains or any dressings that can not be seen
• Wearing rubber gloves, empty full contents of pack(s) into drum (not the soap dispenser)
• Add 500g salt, covering dye powder (only 500g is required for any amount of dye)
• Put in damp unfolded fabric
• Run 40°C cotton cycle (do not use pre-wash, economy or half load cycles)
• When complete, add detergent & run 40°C cotton cycle again
• Remove fabric from machine, add detergent & run empty 40°C cycle to clean machine
• Dry fabric away from direct heat & sunlight
Our promise: This dye won't damage your machine or affect subsequent washes
• Use in front loading automatic washing machines. Do not use in launderette machines.
• Don't dye more than half machine's maximum load to avoid crowding which will give patchy results
• Don't use more than five packs of dye at once
• Dyeing may not cover stains, faded areas or bleach marks
• Should any dye be left in machine after dyeing, add cup of bleach to drum, add detergent as usual & run machine empty on 40°C cycle
• After dyeing, wash separately or with similar colours for first two washes to remove any excess dye
• Polyester stitching will not dye