Details about Dansette Major De Luxe 21 - Vintage Record PlayerSee original listing
“Front grill repaired, small area on deck touched up with paint, small repair on top surface of lid - ”... Read more
01 Feb, 2014 19:19:13 GMT
[ 8 bids ]
Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom
An item that has been restored to working order by the eBay seller or a third party not approved by the manufacturer. This means the item has been inspected, cleaned and repaired to full working order and is in excellent condition. This item may or may not be in its original packaging. See the seller’s listing for full details. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller notes:||“Front grill repaired, small area on deck touched up with paint, small repair on top surface of lid - see photos”|
|Brand:||Dansette||Speed Settings:||33.3RPM, 45RPM, 78RPM|
|Model:||Major De Luxe 21|
Sound demo here:
Really nice player, in great condition considering it is over 50 years old.
I am a chartered engineer and have refurbished quite a few Dansettes now. See my feedback for those I have sold in the last few weeks - many satisfied customers!
· Original Rexine covering - in pic 5 I have deliberately lit the player to highlight the repair on the top surface - you will see in the other pics it is hardly noticeable.
· Original labels, catches, hinges, knobs throughout
· Valve amp, single speaker, lovely tone
· 2 control knobs, on-volume-off and tone, smooth, no crackles.
· Full mechanical service ensuring all moving parts have been well oiled and greased
· Idler wheel surface dressed and cleaned
· Full working order
· Usual slight hum from the valve amp, though probably better than when new due to additional suppression measures
· Good volume output
· Legs not included, can be included for an extra £35 (legs, brackets, internal reinforcement)
· Original BSR cartridge with high output – this is the original mono cartridge (the player is single speaker) to play mono 33, 45 and 78 rpm records. It should not be used for stereo records – alternative stereo cartridges are readily available to replace it. If requested I can change the cartridge for you for an extra fee of £27 - will then allow safe play of stereo records, with both stereo channels wired to the internal amp and speaker.
· Auto-changer record player deck - stack 6 or more records
· Light up logo on front
The Techy bit:
· · All capacitors changed to modern reliable equivalents (old capacitors very unreliable)
· · Selenium rectifier changed for modern diode / resistor (old rectifier failure common releasing noxious fumes)
· · 3 core mains lead added with correct earthing and 3A fuse
· · With these upgrades, could easily last another 50 years!
On 28-Jan-14 at 17:35:17 GMT, seller added the following information:
£20 delivery charge relates to UK mainland only.