Details about Dansette Major - the early Dansette model! Fully refurbished, highly collectibleDansette Major - the early Dansette model! Fully refurbished, highly collectible See original listing
“Platter mat a bit stiff, but fully working”
27 Jan, 2014 20:11:48 GMT
[ 17 bids ]
Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom
An item that has been restored to working order by the eBay seller or a third party not approved by the manufacturer. This means the item has been inspected, cleaned and repaired to full working order and is in excellent condition. This item may or may not be in its original packaging. See the seller’s listing for full details. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller notes:||“Platter mat a bit stiff, but fully working”|
33.3RPM, 45RPM, 78RPM
Really nice player. In superb condition considering it is one of the earliest Dansette models and likely over 55 years old.
I am a chartered engineer and have refurbished quite a few Dansettes now. See my feedback for those I have sold in the last few weeks - many satisfied customers!
· Original Rexine covering, extremely clean, see photos
· Original labels, catches, hinges, knobs throughout APART from the background to the Dansette logo on the front - this is a plastic coated repro, but the Dansette logo itself is the metal original.
· Valve amp, single speaker, lovely tone
· 2 control knobs, on-volume-off and tone, smooth, no crackles.
· Full mechanical service ensuring all moving parts have been well oiled and greased
· Idler wheel surface dressed and cleaned
· Full working order
· Usual slight hum from the valve amp, though probably better than when new due to additional suppression measures
· Good volume output
· Legs included
· Brand new high output stereo cartridge included – suitable for all record types, stereo, mono, 33, 45, 78 rpm.
· Auto-changer record player deck - stack 6 or more records
· Platter mat has age-hardened, but intact, no bits missing, has been given a lick of paint, works fine
The Techy bit:
· · All capacitors changed to modern reliable equivalents (old capacitors very unreliable)
· · Selenium rectifier changed for modern diode / resistor (old rectifier failure common releasing noxious fumes)
· · 3 core mains lead added with correct earthing and 3A fuse
· · With these upgrades, could easily last another 50 years!
On 24-Jan-14 at 09:53:20 GMT, seller added the following information:
Sound demo available here, but note the camera has compressed the volume - sounds REALLY good
I have left the "nose" on from the original cartridge since looks nicer - note that the actual cartridge is stereo compatible with a flipover stylus that uses a little lever to swap from LP to 78.