Details about Dansette Senator - fully restored, retro blueSee original listing
“Rotary knobs - labels are repro, centre discs are high gloss gold paint”
02 Feb, 2014 19:00:53 GMT
[ 19 bids ]
Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom
1/1Feedback on our suggestions
An item that has been restored to working order by the eBay seller or a third party not approved by the manufacturer. This means the item has been inspected, cleaned and repaired to full working order and is in excellent condition. This item may or may not be in its original packaging. See the seller’s listing for full details. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller notes:||“Rotary knobs - labels are repro, centre discs are high gloss gold paint”|
|Speed Settings:||33.3RPM, 45RPM, 78RPM||Brand:||Dansette|
Sound demo here:
Gorgeous Senator player! The outer surface had some stains and sunlight fading, so I had the inner lid surface scanned and had identical coloured paint professionally mixed. This was applied as a thin coat to the outer surfaces and deck base board. The result is excellent! The fabric texture is still fully visible, as it should be, so this does not look in any way painted, but just as it would have coming off the production line! Compare the outer surfaces (new) with the inner lid surface (original) in the photos - they are a great match!
I am a chartered engineer and have refurbished quite a few Dansettes now. See my feedback for those I have sold in the last few weeks - many satisfied customers!
· Over 50 years old
· Original lid labels, catches, hinges
· Valve amp, single speaker, lovely tone
· 2 control knobs, on-volume-off and tone, smooth, no crackles. Knob outer labels are not original, but plastic coated high quality copies
· Full mechanical service ensuring all moving parts have been well oiled and greased
· Idler wheel surface dressed and cleaned
· Full working order
· Usual slight hum from the valve amp, though probably better than when new due to additional suppression measures
· Good volume output
· Legs and leg brackets not included - the pictures show the player sat on a small table. Legs can be included with brackets and internal reinforcements for an addition £35.
· Cartridge is a fully working vintage stereo crystal cartridge (3 wires) but I would not recommend this for stereo vinyl records, ok for mono. Alternative stereo cartridges are available, but I have run out at present.
· Auto-changer record player deck - stack 6 or more records
· Light up pilot light
The Techy bit:
· · All capacitors changed to modern reliable equivalents (old capacitors very unreliable)
· · Selenium rectifier changed for modern diode / resistor (old rectifier failure common releasing noxious fumes)
· · 3 core mains lead added with correct earthing and 3A fuse
· · With these upgrades, could easily last another 50 years!
Posted with eBay Mobile
On 28-Jan-14 at 17:37:21 GMT, seller added the following information:
Note - £20 postage relates to UK mainland only
On 29-Jan-14 at 08:20:17 GMT, seller added the following information:
I now have some new high output stereo cartridges - add £20 if you prefer this to the vintage cartridge.