Dunhill Shell Briar Made in 1961
Group 3 Size Billiard Shape 251
Scroll over the images for a larger view
A nice medium sized Dunhill Shell Briar Group 3 sized billiard pipe. Deep craggy sandblast finish revealing plenty of straight grain, ring grain and birds-eye. Flat bottom to the bowl and shank allows the pipe to sit on the desk. Fitted with a classic tapered stem. Made from oil cured 60-100 year old briar. A lovely lightweight pipe weighing less than 1 ounce.
Manufacturer: Dunhill (England)
Shape: Straight Billiard
Bowl Finish: Sandblasted
Stem: Vulcanite Tapered
A: 14cm (5 1/2")
B: 4cm (1 5/8")
C: 3cm (1 1/8")
D: 1.8cm (5/8")
E: 3.5cm (1 3/8")
F: 26 grams (0.9 oz)
* To comply with strict eBay and PayPal policy, all items will be shipped by a method which requires a signature on delivery.
* Items to the UK will be shipped by Royal Mail First Class Recorded for items valued under £50 - £5.00
* Items to the UK will be shipped by Royal Mail Special Delivery for items valued over £50 - £8.00
* Items to European countries will be shipped by Royal Mail International Signed For - £10.00
* Items to other international countries (including USA & Canada) will be shipped by Royal Mail International Signed For - £12.00
* All European & International Orders valued over £50 will require an additional £2 shipping charge to fully insure the package.
* Shipping prices are priced reasonably with regard to Royal Mail tariffs for small packages as of 01/04/2013 and are non-negotiable.
* Orders are normally dispatched within 2 days.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY TIMES
* 1 - 2 business days for order processing, after which the average delivery times are:
* 1 - 3 business days for UK shipments.
* 7 - 21 business days for International shipments.
Claims for lost items will be submitted to Royal Mail and refunded on settlement of the claim. Royal Mail investigations can take up to 4 months to settle. For additional information on shipping, please don't hesitate to contact me.
* PLEASE DO NOT PAY UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR INVOICE SO THAT THE CORRECT SHIPPING CHARGE CAN BE APPLIED.
I ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING PAYMENT METHODS
* Please do not pay until you have received your invoice.
* Payment should be made within 3 days of the auction end.
* Returns will be accepted if the item description has been misleading.
* The item must be returned unused and securely packed.
* I cannot be held responsible for any damage incurred by the shipping company once I have sent the item.
* I will supply proof of postage and assist you to make a claim against the carrier.
* Please contact me before returning an item.
By their nature, all estate pipes have been previously owned and smoked. Whilst every effort is made to restore them to their former glory, they are not a new item, and in many cases are vintage or antique items. Estate pipes may show signs of use including wear, teeth marks on the stems, scorch marks on the rims, cake in the chamber and nicks on the bowl. They may also have pits or fills on the bowls from manufacture. Briar is a natural root material and over 90% of briar has flaws which can show up when the pipe is carved. Only 5% of briar makes it to high grade pipes. I use my best efforts to photograph the pipes before putting them up for auction and the description reflects my personal opinion of the pipe and should have no value in your final purchasing decision.
The stem and shank airway are cleaned and sanitized as standard, making the pipe ready to smoke. However time constraints do not allow for a full in-depth clean of every pipe outside of these vital areas. You should therefore satisfy yourself as to the cleanliness of the pipe to your own standards. Although the following areas may already have been cleaned, particular attention should be paid to the mortice area and filter housings, which can be cleaned using strong alcohol and cotton tips.
If for any reason you are unhappy with what you receive, please contact me before leaving feedback and I will help in any way I can. I cannot be held responsible for any damaged items once they have been shipped. However I can help with supplying proof of postage, and assist with any claim made to the carrier. You will receive positive feedback on payment, so please let me know you have received your pipe safely by leaving appropriate feedback. Positive feedback and a 5* rating would be greatly appreciated.
I take great care in packaging your order for shipping, however damage may occur occasionally while in transit. Please contact me and notify the shipping company immediately.