From all colours bright & beautiful to rich & intense shades, with DYLON Fabric Dyes for machine use you have all the colours of the rainbow to choose from. These dyes are simply bursting with a whole spectrum of colourful possibilities, so if you feel like a change, you can wake up your wardrobe, revive a faded top or brighten some cushion covers, with colour & ease.
DYLON Machine Dye Instructions
The shade you achieve will depend on 3 things:
1. FABRIC TYPE • Cotton, linen & viscose will dye to full shade • Polyester/cotton & polyester/viscose mixes will dye to lighter shade • Wool, silk, polyester, acrylic, nylon & fabric with special finishes e.g. ‘dry clean only’, cannot be dyed
2. FABRIC AMOUNT • One pack will dye up to 600g of fabric (e.g. jeans, bath towel, double sheet) to the full shade & up to 1.2kg of fabric (e.g. double duvet) to lighter shade • Multiple packs will dye larger amounts to full shade, e.g. 2 packs for 1200g (e.g. double duvet) or 4 packs for 2kg (e.g. curtains)
3. ORIGINAL FABRIC COLOUR • You can change one strong colour to another (or dye it to a lighter shade) by using DYLON PRE-DYE which lightens before you dye, ready for colour change. • Otherwise colour mixing rules apply, e.g. blue dye on red fabric gives purple • Patterned fabric will often still show through
• Weigh dry fabric to ensure you have sufficient dye • Wash thoroughly, even if new, to remove stains or any dressings that can not be seen • Wearing rubber gloves, empty full contents of pack(s) into drum (not the soap dispenser) • Add 500g salt, covering dye powder (only 500g is required for any amount of dye) • Put in damp unfolded fabric • Run 40°C cotton cycle (do not use pre-wash, economy or half load cycles) • When complete, add detergent & run 40°C cotton cycle again • Remove fabric from machine, add detergent & run empty 40°C cycle to clean machine • Dry fabric away from direct heat & sunlight
Our promise: This dye won’t damage your machine or affect subsequent washes
• Use in front loading automatic washing machines. Do not use in launderette machines. • Don’t dye more than half machine’s maximum load to avoid crowding which will give patchy results • Don’t use more than five packs of dye at once • Dyeing may not cover stains, faded areas or bleach marks • Should any dye be left in machine after dyeing, add cup of bleach to drum, add detergent as usual & run machine empty on 40°C cycle • After dyeing, wash separately or with similar colours for first two washes to remove any excess dye • Polyester stitching will not dye
International Buyers – Please Note: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying
After receiving the item, cancel the purchase within
Until 31 January 2015
Buyer pays return postage
The buyer is responsible for return postage costs.
Return policy details
Your purchase is covered under the Distance Selling Regulations. If you change your mind or the item is not suitable, you may return it to us for a full refund within 14 days of sale, you will be responsible for the costs to return the goods which must be in a new and resellable condition. Faulty / damaged goods can be returned to us within 30 days for replacement or refund we will also re-imburse your postage costs, alternatively we may ask you to provide a photograph of the fault/damage. Please ensure you contact us prior to returning goods to obtain an RMA number, items returned without the appropriate documentation will result in delays in processing.
By submitting your bid, you'll be contractually committing to buy this item from the seller if you are the winning bidder.
By submitting your bid, you're committing to buy this item from the seller if you're the winning bidder. You've read and agree to the Global Shipping Programme terms and conditions - opens in a new window or tab. Import charges previously quoted are subject to change if you increase you maximum bid amount.
By clicking Confirm, you commit to buy this item from the seller if you are the winning bidder.
By clicking Confirm, you're committing to buy this item from the seller if you're the winning bidder and have read and agree to the Global Shipping Programme terms and conditions - opens in a new window or tab. Import charges previously quoted are subject to change if you increase your maximum bid amount.